• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moving to Asheville OGBB, need housing advice please

DeacFromThe919

Reaction score
1st post on the new board btw!!!

The future misses and I will be moving to Asheville for the next two years for her to do a residency at Mission hospital. We completely know jack ish about the area other than the great beer scene, cool downtown, Biltmore is there, lots to do outside stuff. Gonna need to be finding a house and soon. We are thinking we will rent a house b/c we don't plan on staying there past 2 yrs. Where are to good areas to live in that are moderately priced??? We are not hipsters so no art districts please!

Last edited:
If you are looking for a good suburb at a nice price look in East Asheville. I was born and raised in Haw Creek (East Asheville)...great place. PM me if you want any more info

Where is your wife doing her reisdency. My mother works at the Mission Children's Center.

Kenilworth would also be a good place to live if you are working at Mission. Very short commute.

Back