• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Pit Fantasy Baseball League (Year III)

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
League is set. Keeper Rules from post 62:

Keeper Rules
- Every year you must keep 3 players, no more, no less. For each player you choose, you lose the pick one round better than you chose that player. If you took Evan Longoria in the 2nd round in 2011, you must sacrifice your 1st round pick in 2012. For 2013, Evan Longoria goes back into the draft pool as there is no round 0.
- There is also a 4 year max on keeper players. This is to ensure that someone doesn’t get lucky and pick the next superstar in the 17th round, and have the rights to him for his entire career. (Edit: 4 year max after some commentary that 3 years is too short, not allowing for true investment)

Other stuff
- You may only draft/pick-up players within Yahoo’s system. This means even if you think there is a great rookie in AA that might join the pro’s this year, if yahoo does not offer him, you do not get him.
- All new players enter waivers.

Teams and Owners:
Nonny's Deacs: AnonymousDeac
Townie's Truck Stick: TownieDeac
Cellar Dwellers: redwing42
Ninja ICHIRO!!: deacvision7
Hebrew Hammer: stonz
Brasky!: BillBrasky
Orioles Magic: bernbp5
Deac2010's Team: Deac2010
Chief Noc-A-Homa's: ?
Buzz's Stylists: DeaconCav06
Starwin hates goats: DaDeacs
Timdunk: timdunkandthefunk

Last edited:
I'd play if I knew anything about baseball.. I just started watching last year. I couldn't be bothered with it growing up.

Currently have 8 people interested. Looking for 12.

Once we decide who's in, we'll discuss keeper logistics, draft date, scoring settings, etc.

In if you have room for another

I'll play if you need one, but have only a passing interest in baseball. I do have a serious interest in fantasy sports though, which means I will put in a lot of time and effort with very little efficiency.

Back