• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deleting threads

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
Apparently you can't joke about Jesus over at the old boards...

Sorry OliveGarden, I chuckled and JC is my homeboi.

All discussion of Jesus is acceptable here. It's not our place to address it, it'll all be taken care of in the afterlife anyways.

And lo for the sky openeth and the Flying Spaghetti Monster sent forth his only son and said unto him, "IP Glitch, my son, go forth and delete."

The Messiah raised his keyboard to the sky, bowed his monitor, and it was done.

And lo for the sky openeth and the Flying Spaghetti Monster sent forth his only son and said unto him, "IP Glitch, my son, go forth and delete."

the messiah then commenced to devour a box of donuts

Words cannot express how glad I am that you made it over here. :nohomo:

Shit or get off the pot, DV. Show me your gratitude. Post a picture of your GF in the shower. Or spread eagle.

So we going to call the rise of Deman as the marker of the beginning of Scout's end?

Let's focus on the deletion of this particular thread for a moment. 94, TSY, others who have been on the boards forever -- have you ever seen a more noxious thread title than "Jesus: Pussy or Biggest Pussy" (obviously, I can't remember it precisely) on the boards EVER? Over the years there have been dozens of discussions about religion, Jesus (believe, don't believe, etc.). OGD's thread was douchebaggery at its finest, plain and simple. I don't think the deletion of that particular thread should be held up as an example of Deman's or Turf's tendency to whip threads out at the drop of a hat.

Douchey thread? Yeah.

Deman still out of control with his new overlord powers, regardless of the douchey nature of that thread. Still, yeah.

Let's focus on the deletion of this particular thread for a moment. 94, TSY, others who have been on the boards forever -- have you ever seen a more noxious thread title than "Jesus: Pussy or Biggest Pussy" (obviously, I can't remember it precisely) on the boards EVER? Over the years there have been dozens of discussions about religion, Jesus (believe, don't believe, etc.). OGD's thread was douchebaggery at its finest, plain and simple. I don't think the deletion of that particular thread should be held up as an example of Deman's or Turf's tendency to whip threads out at the drop of a hat.

While it was funny. It was just asking to get deleted. I don't see a problem here.

Probably going to see more of it, too. Plenty of posters that were annoyed with Scout and their content controlling ways are going to go start fires over there for a few weeks. It'll die down once this OGB vs. DS stuff dies down. The boards will co-exist, eventually.

I, personally, wouldn't go over there just to start a fight and all that. If they want to run their board according to their own sensibilities, they should do just that. I think the majority of posters have spoken that they prefer the way this forum is run as opposed to the way they run their business.

It'll be like PackPride and TheWolfWeb.

Agree with TW. There were many different ways to ask/address that question without that type of title. I feel certain any of the mods over there would have taken it down, so its not fair to pile that on Deman or Turf.

Had it happened here, I'd hope the users would take care of it on there own much the way the Millhouse/RJ concern played out a few days ago. If enough users chastise and voice their displeasure, in most cases the original poster will remove the inflammatory post without the mods having to get involved. There will occasionally be outliers and people who are constantly instigating, but 99% of the people who post here and on scout are good, sensible people.

OGD just sent me a solid PM. I still don't approve of being THAT noxious in an effort to stir the pot, but I believe what he said to me will let it go. And TW, while I agree with you his later post asking about what would and would not be deleted could be interpreted as his attempt to gauge where the line is, thus implying he cares. That threw me for a minute. Like you say, he didn't care and wanted it to be deleted -- I just bit on his curveball.

Back