• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the worst public transportation annoyance?

What is the most annoying?

• Pole leaners

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • People standing on the left of the escalator

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • People pushing to the doors between stations

• People squeezing themselves on a too full train

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Roller bag owners

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • People who take up a seat with their bags

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • None of the above (I love everyone)

• Other

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

LadyDeac03

Reaction score
After reading this lovely diatribe, I thought a Pit discussion was in order. This obviously has been discussed on the Quad before, but never fails to get me riled up.

I'm obviously bringing a DC Metro perspective to this, but I'm sure any city with public transportation has the same problems.

I'm definitely going with people standing on the left side of the escalator.

I'm definitely going with people standing on the left side of the escalator.

This. Especially in airports when running to catch a connecting flight. So I guess we should include on the left side of people-movers too.

If you really get that upset with left standers, you probably should just stop taking Metro, especially with tourist season about to gear up.

The correct answer to this poll is roller bags.

The people who jam the doors and cause offloads would be correct if that was an option.

Clearly none of you have ridden MARTA, there is a definite answer here.

Edited to say that you picked some really good ones, I voted for standing on the left side of the escalator.

Also hate the people that sit on the outside seat and put their bag on the inside seat when there are very few seating options left.

Last edited:
If you really get that upset with left standers, you probably should just stop taking Metro, especially with tourist season about to gear up.

The correct answer to this poll is roller bags.

The people who jam the doors and cause offloads would be correct if that was an option.

Yes. I voted "People squeezing themselves on a too full train" with that in mind.

I also get annoyed with the people that don't understand the concept of a queue. During rush hour there are often distinct and clear lines that develop for the turnstiles and escalators. Yet there are a lot of douches and/or oblivious persons who cut right to the front.

I also get annoyed with the people that don't understand the concept of a queue. During rush hour there are often distinct and clear lines that develop for the turnstiles and escalators. Yet there are a lot of douches and/or oblivious persons who cut right to the front.

synonymous

Someone else mentioned it, but that was somewhat intended to be encompassed under the people that squeeze themselves on. They are annoying no matter what a) they barely fit and you're squished for the ride or b) they break the doors and have to offload.

Ooo, should've thought of this one. Happens ALL the time.

I voted for all of the above and would add:

The person on their cell phone on the otherwise silent bus ("mauled by a tiger?!?"). So fucking annoying. I hope that person knows that they are hated by everyone else on the bus. And if any of you ride the D1 or D2 buses in DC and this is you, know this: I FUCKING HATE YOU.

Also, the asshat who wears wears a parka in the rain and proceeds to get everyone and everything on the bus wet as well. No only does this person get me soaking wet, they proceed to get the seat soaking wet as well, which is a nice gift for the next person to try and sit down.

Lets do some real talk here.

Urban outdoorsmen that stink to high heaven.

Panhandlers.

Crazy people.

Sketchy people who stare at every female above a 5 in the car.

Back