• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sucker Punch (Movie)

The Evil Deacon

Fire [Redacted]
Reaction score
Just saw Sucker Punch this afternoon:

qrizcy.jpg

"It's technically impressive and loaded with eye-catching images, but without characters or a plot to support them, all of Sucker Punch's visual thrills are for naught."

^ Pretty much sums it up.

If only this was rated R (like all of Snyder's other action film's) I would go see it. If it featured loads of blood and gratuitous nudity then there's no doubt I would be there. Makes no sense why you make a movie like this, with scantily clad girls and the like, rated PG-13. Nothing but a cock-tease.

I like action flicks but that looks like shit and kinda gay. And I asked on another thread, how do you say your username and what does it mean?

Are you JapanDeac?

(wild guess)

Didn't old school poster Gazpacho move to Japan or am I completely off?

I really want to like Snyder. His Dawn of the Dead was very good and I liked Watchmen more than most people. But after reading some of the reviews of Sucker Punch I'm concerned he might go down the Michael Bay path and just substitute impressive visuals for character and story. We don't need any more directors like that. One Michael Bay is too many.

I really want to like Snyder. His Dawn of the Dead was very good and I liked Watchmen more than most people. But after reading some of the reviews of Sucker Punch I'm concerned he might go down the Michael Bay path and just substitute impressive visuals for character and story. We don't need any more directors like that. One Michael Bay is too many.

We shall see what Snyder has when Man of Steel (Superman reboot) comes out. Looking forward to it, since Nolan is producing/overseeing the project. I think Snyder is alright when he doesn't write his own material.

We shall see what Snyder has when Man of Steel (Superman reboot) comes out. Looking forward to it, since Nolan is producing/overseeing the project. I think Snyder is alright when he doesn't write his own material.

This is the problem with a lot of directors who have a good eye for cinematography but not story telling (*cough* Shyamalan *cough*). Too many seem to have ego issues and too strong of a desire to be an auteur, so they try to do it all instead of just focusing on what they are good at.

Its possible to make a bad movie out of a good script, but its damn near impossible to make a good movie out of a bad script.

I agree that Man of Steel has potential to be very good. Lots of talent involved in that one. In Nolan I trust.

This movie looks horrible. It looked like a white version of anime.

I can't believe movie execs actually signed off on this piece of shit.

Back