• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you are interested in 5th Quarter movie

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It came today. If you are interested in seeing how it did at the box office this weekend, on Monday Google 5th Quarter, imdb.

That should show you how it did.

Anyone know if there's plans for a wider release later or is it just going to be a regional release? I'd love to be able to see the movie but I'm in Southern Arizona.

Anyone know if there's plans for a wider release later or is it just going to be a regional release? I'd love to be able to see the movie but I'm in Southern Arizona.

I highly doubt it. Religious movies like this usually only play in the south. Living in NC I wish I could say I wanted to see it, but it just looks painfully awful. A shame, considering this story deserves a lot better.

There was a primetime ad for 5th Quarter in Charlotte on one of the major networks the other night...

going tonight at 9.30...feels weird going a wake sporting event feeling good about our chances of winning

Much better than anticipated.

Rest before you go. It takes a lot out of you.

I hate losing to Clemson again....

I/we enjoyed the movie but it was quite a tear-jerker....very emotionally charged regarding the death of Luke & donation of his organs. As my wife & I left, we talked about how we enjoyed reliving the success of that season but wondered if folks outside the Wake community would enjoy it. Clearly not gonna win any major awards but very enjoyable nonetheless.

It was kinda fun noticing differences between reality of the season & how it was adapted for film.

enjoyed the film and re-living the season...there were some nit picky things you notice that are off with the film (splicing shots from day games into night games, splicing shots of sunny weather games into rainy games, students wearing 2007 SD shirts, etc.) but all in all worth seeing if you're a deac fan.

as other ppl have pointed out, they definitely spend a lot of time hitting on the emotional angle

I'm actually knid of surprised this got a first run distribution deal of this magnitude.

I enjoyed it a lot. The first thirty minutes were super emotional, but definitely worth the tears. As somebody has already mentioned, the filmmakers liberally spliced gameday fan footage and took a few liberties along the way.

All-in-all, for a relatively low-budget film, it was awesome!

Back