• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should we take a post grad?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The answer to this question is not as easy as it sounds.

If the guy is a really good player (immediate starter and major contributor) we could win an extra couple of games next year.

But if he takes minutes from another player who will be here for two more years is that short term help a net negative?

If there is a real center I might consider it. I don't know if I'd do it for a PF.

And yes staying one year is much different than staying two.

I think we have to in order to return to being competitive in the league. Obviously, we should not if the player won't contribute in any meaningful way.

Besides helping us rebound and clog up the middle on defense during games, a big banger would help our young players because they would have to go up against him in practice every day.

I think the short term might be good. Yes, it could be a net negative, but what if the guy who stays longer learns from that player?

Plus, I think our program needs a shot in the arm for the fan base to feel encouraged (not to mention recruits).

If we don't get Lekan or Katenda I think we definitely have to. Even if we get Katenda I think we should.

A quality post grad center would let Carson play at the 4 with Katenda theoretically backing him up. This would allow Green to develop and strengthen before we need minutes from him.

I agree there's less need for a PF.

The answer is very easy. Yes we should take one. We need a big body for our bigs to practice against. Whatever he gives us in the Ctual games is gravy.

Shoring up next season is more important than just about anything else. If we can't compete because of a gaping roster hole, our guys won't get any useful experience regardless.

We have got to end the lay up drill down the middle to have a more competitve season. Carson and Ty need major help to get it done.

You take him. Winning and competing help with recruiting, and long term rewards from better recruiting would outweigh lost minutes of current projects.

Unfortunately no classes on discretion.

Why is keeper here?

I love the description:

9012t2.jpg

I love the description:

9012t2.jpg

that. is. awesome.

BAHAHAHAHA. first post on these boards, and I think I'm sincerely going to like them. spring break had me a little slow on the uptake, hello gents!

on topic, take whatever help we can get, however we can get it (excluding cheating). the thought of a repeat of this season makes me shudder, although i have to expect we'll be better if from a year of experience, if nothing else

Back