• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HALP: red xs everywhere!

RubbinsRacin

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
Reaction score
Yo mods:

There is a new computer system at my office and now 99% of all the pictures that get posted just show up as red x's.

Any way around this or am I screwed?

It's killing me on the laugh/lose thread, etc.

Hmmm, sounds like some sort of image blocker.

Are you stuck w/ your current browser? Can you change anything on it wrt security settings/etc?

probably stuck, most stuff seems like it's locked for the administrator. I'm on a temp assignment working on a govt computer.

Thanks for your help though.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Do avatars still show up? If so, it must be a domain blocker blocking the domains where the images are hosted. Pretty normal for most of the image hosting sites to be blocked by corporate or gov't IT. Do you work from home? If so, you can probably get around it.

Yep, I can see avatars. I bet it's blocking tinypic.com or other image hosting sights. And yahoo fantasy football. What a bunch of JERKS! No, unfortunately not working from home.

Yep, I can see avatars. I bet it's blocking tinypic.com or other image hosting sights. And yahoo fantasy football. What a bunch of JERKS! No, unfortunately not working from home.

If they are blocking at the network level you're pretty much out of luck. Strangely enough, it seems some of the blocking done at Wells Fargo is at the browser level and some is at the network level. I'm able to hit some websites via FF (i.e. this site and a few others) that I can't hit via IE.

Yeah, my work network blocks all image hosting sites except for imageshack (don't know how that one made it through). All fantasy sports is blocked...except for CBSSportsline (again, don't know why that one made it through, but since my college fantasy league is through CBSSportsline, I certainly don't mind having access).

Back