• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who gets more tail?

Who crosses home plate more?

• Minor league ball players

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • College ball players

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters

DeaconCav06

Dickie Hemric
Reaction score
I was watching the GT-Miami baseball game and thinking that it's a shame that the big talent goes straight to the minor leagues out of high school. It's great that they get to fulfill their dream, but being on a Single A minor league team has to really suck. Meanwhile, the bros from their team that signed D-I contracts are nailing hot chicks every night. Who actually gets more ass?

I think when it comes to quantity, it is about equal (all they want). However, I would go college for quality. Minor league ball players get a lot of tail, but it is all the same kind of chick. More variety in college.

I just can't imagine that going to some bar and saying, "Yeah. I play for the Richmond Braves" is going to get the same reaction as walking into DKE and saying "Yeah, I play for Wake"

Can only speak for the two guys I know that have both experiences, they both say they pulled better/hotter chicks more frequently in the minors than in college. More chicks in college overall though. So I guess quantity goes to college and quality goes to the minors. However, a huge state school in a bigger city could be the true winner here (i'd imagine).

They both do just fine. But college bros get younger chicks I'd guess.

College without a doubt.

The life of a minor league player is far from glamorous. They also rarely get more than a night a week to go out.

Depends on where the minor league team is. If we're talking the Asheville Tourists then you're probably not doing too well because there isn't much (quality) ass in Asheville and no one really knows who the players are. Not that they couldn't go out and get some but I bet 21 out of 25 players on a single A minor league teams make less than $40,000 per year and 40K might be pushing it...,actually they probably all make less than 40K but some probably got some signing bonuses
If you go to an SEC school or big state school in the South then you're probably swimming in it.

Depends on where the minor league team is. If we're talking the Asheville Tourists then you're probably not doing too well because there isn't much (quality) ass in Asheville and no one really knows who the players are. Not that they couldn't go out and get some but I bet 21 out of 25 players on a single A minor league teams make less than $40,000 per year and 40K might be pushing it...,actually they probably all make less than 40K but some probably got some signing bonuses
If you go to an SEC school or big state school in the South then you're probably swimming in it.

To further prove the point you're trying to make, the kids we are talking about that are playing Rookie and Minor League A Ball are getting between $600 and $800 of spending money a month. This is why the initial signing bonuses are so important and why baseball players are FAR greater at handling their money than NBA and NFL athletes.

To further prove the point you're trying to make, the kids we are talking about that are playing Rookie and Minor League A Ball are getting between $600 and $800 of spending money a month. This is why the initial signing bonuses are so important and why baseball players are FAR greater at handling their money than NBA and NFL athletes.

Still, $$$ isn't everything in this scenario. College kids aren't pulling in any money, just going off of rep.

when i worked at burke st the then winston-salem warthogs seemed to do alright whenever they came out in full force although mind you this was burke st pub so make of that what you will

i think at a big state school they'd be rolling in it mainly because there are just so many potential hoodrats

My 5 minutes analysis of the situation is that in college everyone is more or less on equal footing. No one makes any money but if you're an athlete that's an asset in the eyes of a woman. Also in college you're physically surrounded by young dumb women.
The minor leaguers may have a few groupies but don't have the inherent proximity to the young women than college players (or anyone that attends college for that matter) and the athlete tag doesn't go as far because other guys are doing other things.
Say what you want to say but power, money and looks are probably (in that order) the three factors that women consider when rating the attractiveness of a mate.

My 5 minutes analysis of the situation is that in college everyone is more or less on equal footing. No one makes any money but if you're an athlete that's an asset in the eyes of a woman. Also in college you're physically surrounded by young dumb women.
The minor leaguers may have a few groupies but don't have the inherent proximity to the young women than college players (or anyone that attends college for that matter) and the athlete tag doesn't go as far because other guys are doing other things.
Say what you want to say but power, money and looks are probably in that order the three factors that women consider when rating the attractiveness of a mate.

This could be a thread unto itself, but I say we make this thread into that.

Ladies, any comments?

some women will probably try to refute but boil it down to bare bones and that's what you're probably going to find. The complete lack of any one of these can negate and counteract the others and individuals will have their own attractiveness matrices but power, money, looks is a pretty good generalization

in comparison to their peers being, a minor leaguer doesn't give you any power nor does it money. If you're a prospect then you have then you have the potential for both. The professional athlete aspect means they'll most likely be in pretty good shape so there's part of the looks aspect.
In comparison to their peers college baseball players have quite a bit of power, they have no more money than their piers but have potential and they are in good shape so they have at least that much going for them. Point being that the college player is, in general, superior in the eyes of women their age than then non athlete men, where as minor leaguers may or may not be more highly regarded than other men in their peer group.

Last edited:
Say what you want to say but power, money and looks are probably (in that order) the three factors that women consider when rating the attractiveness of a mate.

This could be a thread unto itself, but I say we make this thread into that.

Ladies, any comments?

Cav started the thread talking about the players getting ladies each night. I'd say attractiveness trumps the others if we're talking meeting someone at the bar and heading home with them. Different scenario for long term potential. Personally I wouldn't say I really care about "power" aside from the related monetary stability it generally comes with.

power is the ability to influence others....not just political power, but could be interpersonal power (i.e. smooth talker, sense of humor, musician) All women care about power, at varying degrees, but they all do.
Money is really code for security and comfort and in some cases acts as something tangible by which people can compare themselves (not saying that's right, but it happens). It in itself can bring power, but isn't necessarily power

Last edited:
I just can't imagine that going to some bar and saying, "Yeah. I play for Wake" is going to get the same reaction as walking into DKE and saying "Yeah, I play for the Richmond Braves"

Fixed.

Somewhere in there value needs to be included. The number one goal when picking up a girl at a bar is for her to find out that you have value.

Value can be many different things but some examples are being the alpha male of your group, having a very lucrative or appealing job, you being a very good boyfriend/hookup, etc. When a girl is judging if she wants to hook up with a guy or start dating a guy, the number 1 thing is that they are trying to judge if you have value.

The issue then becomes how can you get a girl to see your value. There are varying ways of making it happen. Let's use the value example of you being a great person and a good hookup.

The strongest way of her finding out is a trusted friend tells her. This is often the case if you two have a mutual friend. The next is that one of your friends or really anyone unknown to her tells her. There are varying levels within this as the girl is inherently forced to first judge the source, as this comment is a lot stronger coming from another guy she deems valuable rather than your friend with the 'creepy' vibe. And the last one is of course you just telling her straight up, as often this comes across as bragging. There are other ways to show you have value without being direct about it, such as telling a story that subtly provides information or having her overhear a conversation between you and someone else.

Somewhere in there value needs to be included. The number one goal when picking up a girl at a bar is for her to find out that you have value.

Value can be many different things but some examples are being the alpha male of your group, having a very lucrative or appealing job, you being a very good boyfriend/hookup, etc. When a girl is judging if she wants to hook up with a guy or start dating a guy, the number 1 thing is that they are trying to judge if you have value.

The issue then becomes how can you get a girl to see your value. There are varying ways of making it happen. Let's use the value example of you being a great person and a good hookup.

The strongest way of her finding out is a trusted friend tells her. This is often the case if you two have a mutual friend. The next is that one of your friends or really anyone unknown to her tells her. There are varying levels within this as the girl is inherently forced to first judge the source, as this comment is a lot stronger coming from another guy she deems valuable rather than your friend with the 'creepy' vibe. And the last one is of course you just telling her straight up, as often this comes across as bragging. There are other ways to show you have value without being direct about it, such as telling a story that subtly provides information or having her overhear a conversation between you and someone else.

well said

Back