• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has there ever been an easier path ot Final 4 than Kansas?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I can't remember one easier than 16, 9(8), 12, 11.

That's insane.

DENY THEM VCU!!!!

duke's was pretty easy last year if i remember correctly.

Baylor didn't make it to the Final Four, but their path to the Elite Eight was pretty easy last year.

Was wondering this too - in terms of seeds it has to be up there - only one single digit seed in four games

I love it. At least the school where I got my MA can salvage my miserable year of college sports.

And don't forget that at least seed wise, if they make the Final Four, they are playing an 8 seed.

george mason's run went through 3 natty owning coaches iirc (roy, izzo, calhoun). that was pretty beastly.

I would have guessed Duke's run was easier than that last year. It just didn't seem like they played anyone. Cal, Purdue, Baylor, WVa and Butler. Just doesn't feel like a murderers row.

This was my first thought as well. :confused:

I think the big break Duke caught last year was facing WVa instead of Kentucky. I have a hard time believing Duke could have hung with Kentucky's athleticism last year. John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins would have had field days against Duke.

It would be almost impossible for a #1 seed to have an easier road. Theoretically they could play the #13 seed in the sweet 16, and the #14 or #15 in the Elite Eight, but those are incredibly improbable possibilities. Very easy run for Kansas, and then they would get Butler. Hoping that VCU pulls the stunner.

Back