• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Posters that get shit on...

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
That you've met and are cool.

I nominate TheReff. He hosted the boards golf tourney a few years back, great
guy.

Any others?

I've never met rjkarl, but those who have say he's cool as shit and I don't doubt it for one minute.

Face it, most of the people who go to Wake are cool as shit and that's how they got in ther in the first place.

We're awesome. Everybody else sucks.

Team Demon Deacons, FUCK YEAH!

everyone is cooler and easier to get along with in "real life." some people can stop acting like they know everything, some people stop trying to get the last word in, and some stop being internet tough guys.

everyone is cooler and easier to get along with in "real life." some people can stop acting like they know everything, some people stop trying to get the last word in, and some stop being internet tough guys.

This is what it boils down to. I don't think there is anyone on these boards that I wouldn't want to hang out with in real life. Except maybe jason27nc

Everyone hates those posters with babies dressed/acting like adults. I think some of them are cute!

the-office-angela-baby-poster.jpg

The best part about the Reff getting shit on e-style vs. real life, is that I was at a baseball game once sitting close to him and keeper and once Reff left (or got up) all keeper did was shit on him behind his back.

So I'm not sure if that automagically makes Reff cooler in real life because clearly keeper doesn't really respect him (I didn't get the sense anyone did in that party of fans, though) and that might be a plus considering it's keeper; or if that just makes him that much more lame because keeper, of all people, was shitting on him.

I once spoke to rj on the phone and he was as eccentric, but friendly and passionate about Wake Forest basketball as you would imagine. Plus, the dude looks like this, which is awesome:

rjkarl.gif

Everyone used to always make fun of blomqvist for being the Official Board Stoner™ and also a voracious lucid sex dreamer. While those two things are true and, at least in the case of the lucid sex dreaming, mildly disturbing, he is generally a pretty good guy. Just be aware that if you contribute too much personal information on this board, or post a picture, he will likely use that information to construct a lucid sex dream wherein he is using you as as power bottom.

The thread where everybody simultaneously realized that that just had to be rjkarl was one of my favorites.

Almost to a man, everyone that I've ever thought was an asshole turned out to be cool when you're face-to-face. I say that as the king of the assholes, or at least a member of the royal family. Granted there are some on here who just need to stay in their respective isolated, anti-social caves which are lit only by computer screens, with hollow eyes and twisted looks of desperate outrage at everything that appears on these message boards.

Fuck 'em. 81Deac and I disagree on probably everything politically (pretty much describes most people here). He's definitely someone you want your spouse and kids to meet at a tailgate. Same for PhDeac, Liquid, NYDeac, 65Deac, Racer, Marqueezzzz, godeacsetal, Turf, Naz,and even Donald Ross, Esq. And I've definitely had disagreements with these guys. And everyone one of them can grab a beer from my cooler any day. Apologies to anyone I overlooked (like my babe DeaconPeach).

I can't think of a stupider reason to fucking up a possible friendship than something said on a message board.

With one or two exceptions I've liked everyone I've met that posts on the boards.

Now the ones who don't post on the boards...those are the ones you have to look out for.

I have yet to meet a Deaconsports poster I didn't like.

Plus the females tend to be very attractive whereas the majority of dudes are goblins.

While the overarching theme of this thread is most posters are actually nice people, and I don't disagree with that, it also must be noted the difference between meeting someone and interacting with them on a near daily basis.

We all have good manners and know how to behave when meeting new people. Rarely are you going to find someone who actually acts like an asshole when meeting new people. However, on the boards, you are interacting with people beyond just pleasantries.

If I met TheReff in person, we would be very friendly I am sure. However, if we started discussing the reffing in the NCAA, I have a feeling I would very quickly be annoyed by him. Similarly, if people started talking to OGD about religion, many posters would still be turned off by him.

Maybe I'm just an asshole for thinking this but I think I'm just saying how it is.

While the overarching theme of this thread is most posters are actually nice people, and I don't disagree with that, it also must be noted the difference between meeting someone and interacting with them on a near daily basis.

We all have good manners and know how to behave when meeting new people. Rarely are you going to find someone who actually acts like an asshole when meeting new people. However, on the boards, you are interacting with people beyond just pleasantries.

If I met TheReff in person, we would be very friendly I am sure. However, if we started discussing the reffing in the NCAA, I have a feeling I would very quickly be annoyed by him. Similarly, if people started talking to OGD about religion, many posters would still be turned off by him.

Maybe I'm just an asshole for thinking this but I think I'm just saying how it is.

Definitely not an asshole for thinking that. I think you are just being honest about people in general.

Agree with Nonny to an extent with regard to pleasantries with meeting new people, but I also think that in general people are much bigger assholes on message boards/internet in general than real life. Hiding behind a username and a computer screen without any physical contact will turn otherwise timid or non-confrontational people into dbags

Back