• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Challenge Thread

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Aaron Rountree Interview

Codi Miller-McIntyre Interview

We will have our impressions coming later today at some point. I am currently working on the videos, but it takes a while to go through and get the right clips, as well as import the video. I would count on that being up tomorrow.

I will say that everybody at the event was extremely impressed with Codi and Aaron. This included Dave Telep, Evan Daniel, Paul Biancardi, Duke/UNC/State writers. I was pretty impressed as well. There are certainly things that each needs to work on, but you would have to be blind if you didn't think that these guys could contribute when they get here.

Was just glancing through the Carolina Challenge website and found this quote. Kind of love it:

"The Carolina Challenged changed me from a boy to a man." Ty Walker

I think I'm really starting to like Rountree. Dude is candid as can be.

From Rountree
"I HATE the recruiting process, I just absolutely hate it. I love Coach [Redacted] as a person, but I can see where they love Skip better at Wake Forest when he was there. I see a lot of room for improvement, especially with (Anthony) Fields coming in next year. A lot of people don't know this, but he's a really solid point guard. They are going to be alright, and are certainly on the way back up to where Wake is supposed to be. All of us coming in just want to help and get us back up to the top"

Don't really know how to take this...but a funny quote nonetheless.

CMM's interview was great. Really sensed his confidence in himself, and it seems like he did well at the challenge. What were his assist numbers like?

Good stuff, 27. I can't wait to see the video.

Any others stick out this weekend, whether on our radar or not?

Codi has faith in our coaching staff. What must he be thinking?

deacfreke, this thread isn't about you or your philosophy on Wake sports. Take it elsewhere.

Nice work.

These both sound like well spoken individuals who will represent Wake Forest very well.

Evan Daniels has nice things to say in his write-up as well, but it is not free so I won't post it.

The Martin twins at Davie are going to be stars. Definitely keep your eyes on them the next 3 years. Silky smooth.

If we are going to get the Martin twins then they need to stay relatively subdued for the next year or so. If they grow another inch or two, or gain weight (both of which is likely to happen),then they will go high major.

They are big UNC fans and are a package deal. They are also athletic freaks. Not a good combination for Wake haha.

From Rountree
"I HATE the recruiting process, I just absolutely hate it. I love Coach [Redacted] as a person, but I can see where they love Skip better at Wake Forest when he was there. I see a lot of room for improvement, especially with (Anthony) Fields coming in next year. A lot of people don't know this, but he's a really solid point guard. They are going to be alright, and are certainly on the way back up to where Wake is supposed to be. All of us coming in just want to help and get us back up to the top"

Don't really know how to take this...but a funny quote nonetheless.

CMM's interview was great. Really sensed his confidence in himself, and it seems like he did well at the challenge. What were his assist numbers like?

haha I had to play the tape back 3-4 times on this part because it made me laugh when I was typing it up. I missed it yesterday when we were conducting the interview.

Aaron is one of the most likable players that I have ever gotten the privilege to interview. Just a great all-around kid.

like that they're going to be on same aau teams

If we are going to get the Martin twins then they need to stay relatively subdued for the next year or so. If they grow another inch or two, or gain weight (both of which is likely to happen),then they will go high major.

They are big UNC fans and are a package deal. They are also athletic freaks. Not a good combination for Wake haha.

Just so you get the terminology right, Wake is high major. Elite high-major may be the next step. I guess that would include the Dukes, Carolinas and UKs of the world.

judging from UNC's last attempt to sign twins, we might stay away from a similar package deal.

Was Brick Oettinger there. He was very skeptical of our recruiting, Aaron and Codi. I look forward to hearing his take at this point. Also, it will be interesting to see if their excellent showing will be enough to move them at least in the top 150 nationally. Codi sounds a lot like one of our all time great sleepers Delaney Rudd from Hollister NC. The buzz on Delaney was so strong that townies like me trekked out to Reynolds gym to see his pickup games. We were not disappointed. Strangely, Tacy did not play him much his freshman year, but he was a star after that. That reminds me that Tacy did not play Mugsy his freshman year either. We will have to get BKF to explain Tacy on those two issues.

here's some other info on Codi and Aaron:

Wake Forest duo excels

Flash back to mid-July and juniors Aaron Rountree and Codi Miller-McIntyre were still "sleepers" in the state. Both players played in the 16s division at the Chris Paul All-Star's Invitational in Greensboro, drawing mid-major coaches. Rountree was Carolina Elite and Miller-McIntyre suited up for United Stars of Charlotte.

Both players have come a long way since then and committed to Wake Forest in recent weeks. The duo complements each other well on the court.

Rountree flashed his playmaking ability at 6-8 and 190 pounds. The "point forward" averaged nine points per game with a high of 11, but did the little things and has the ability to get steals or rebounds and get out and lead the break.

Miller-McIntyre is a quality three-point shooter, though sometimes streak, and bombed away for 17.0 points per game, which was good for sixth in the event. He went for 22 points in his third game, and shot as if GPS system was guiding the ball into the basket from long range.

Miller-McIntyre will likely both guard spots at Wake Forest, but paired with Rountree's pass-first approach, the Demon Deacons won't lose any playmaking ability if he plays point guard.

Back