• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PBR: Where to go for our 20th anniversary?

wakegrrl

Hurricane Goddess
Reaction score
Okay, Pit, do your finest with this one.

Next year my husband and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary and we're thinking about what to do to celebrate. Suggestions welcome. Some stipulations:

* Neither of our families are in a position to take care of our 8-yr-old son for a week, so he will have to come with us. So child-friendly is a requirement. A place with a kid's club would be a great option.
* Passports are an option.
* We're not cruise people, but we could be Caribbean/beach people. We could also be mountain people. In reality we're pretty flexible.
* We would probably want to travel in either late January/early Feb. or late April/early May, depending on where we go.
* While we're not made of money, we're willing to spend it up a bit for this.

:confused: This is us right now. Help!

All inclusive resort in the Caribbean?

Yeah, that's definitely been part of the conversation so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or other ideas are also welcome. Yes, I'm using Dr. Google as well, but nothing so far is really floating our boat so I'd particularly appreciate specific recommendations.

Yeah, that's definitely been part of the conversation so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated, or other ideas are also welcome. Yes, I'm using Dr. Google as well, but nothing so far is really floating our boat so I'd particularly appreciate specific recommendations.

Go with Cabo over the Caribbean. Great resorts, great activities, great weather. If you've never seen the whales migrate (Jan-Mar) a must.

http://www.paradisus-playa-conchal.com/

All inclusive resort in Costa Rica that is converting to a Westin this spring. The wife and I stayed here in December and loved it! We don't have kids, but it seemed to be very kid-friendly as they have a kids club and they have a special VIP area for families if you so choose (similar to the Royal Service available to couples traveling w/ no kids). We would definitely stay here again and Costa Rica is beautiful....

Can you cobble together various family members to watch your son so that you can get away as a couple? 1 set of grandparents watch him Sun-Wed, and then they hand off to the other set of grandparents for Wed-Sat?

(If you go while he's in school, your families would only be watching him for a few hours a day.)

If you can't pull that off, can you cobble together enough family members such that maybe you scale it back & get away for a 4 day weekend?

This strikes me as the kind of occasion that I'd be willing to shorten the trip by a few days if it meant no kids.

After having just gone for a honeymoon in late January/early February I highly recommend the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. It was 80-85 degrees every day we were there. Flying into Cancun is pretty easy and relatively cheap (compared to some destinations) and there are a ton of resorts within 30 min drive or less. We stayed at an adults-only all-inclusive, but I know there are a bunch that are kid-friendly as well and would have kids' clubs and alternative activities.

There are also a lot of cool excursions available in the area. The one we went on, EdVenture Tours, was awesome for a couple, but they get a ton of kids as well (ziplining, swimming, Mayan ruins, etc).

Back