• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka makes 125k a year

Dented

Retired
Reaction score
VCU better get their money ready or he's gone.

So Wake is paying [Redacted] roughly seven times as much as VCU pays Shaka Smart?

A full ride to VCU is worth about 17 grand a year and Wake is 54,000. So their players are a steal compared to ours as well.

Salaries listed are base only while the "announced" salary (numbers people throw out) include bonuses

Where is that number coming from? Darren Rovell is saying that his contract is for around $350k, and bonuses bring it up to around $400k.

Where is that number coming from? Darren Rovell is saying that his contract is for around $350k, and bonuses bring it up to around $400k.

thats his base salary which is reported by the state of virginia. obviously after incentives it gets up to 300-400 but still low for a guy who is outcoaching everyone he plays.

Probably the linked reference on the wikipedia page...however if you go there it lists the salary at $325,000 (and he's a professor!). For reference, Tony Bennett is at $300,000.

Just under a mil, or so we've heard.

Just under a mil, or so we've heard.

after everything was considered he made about 800k at colorado so ron had to increase that to get him to leave his comfort zone.

And a huge public speaking contract. LOLOLOLOLOL

except thats not a million base salary....the base salary of the Williams are 333k (Roy) and IIRC Gary is around $400k

except thats not a million base salary....the base salary of the Williams are 333k (Roy) and IIRC Gary is around $400k

Trust me -- his base salary is a much bigger share of his total compensation than what Huckleberry and Gary Williams make. They have television shows, huge sneaker contracts, etc., etc. I would be very surprised if his salary is less than 95% of his compensation.

Trust me -- his base salary is a much bigger share of his total compensation than what Huckleberry and Gary Williams make. They have television shows, huge sneaker contracts, etc., etc. I would be very surprised if his salary is less than 95% of his compensation.

duh, I'm just saying its apples to oranges

and what is your definition of 'his competition?' its probably on par with similar coaches in his conference.

and what is your definition of 'his competition?' its probably on par with similar coaches in his conference.

I said compensation, not competition.

And I should have been clear that I was talking about Bzzz's compensation here, not Smart's.

Just to add a little clarity, coaching salaries at public schools are normally fairly small with a massive "supplement" from the booster organization. Most private schools don't have a booster organization portion since it isn't a problem to just pay a large salary straight up.

[Redacted]'s salary is larger than Roy's, but even with comparable performance Roy is going to make much, much more due to his goat club supplement.

Back