• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ron grow a pair

lawdeke

Reaction score
step up to the fucking plate. man up. admit you made a mistake. reach out for contributions to buy out buzz (I will pay my fair share) and go after Brad or Shaka. Please..........

I thought I already changed my "Wake Board" browser bookmark to the OGB Board from The Suck. Need to try again.

:deadhorseemoticon

:thumbsup:

Stevens or Smart could come to Wellman and say "Ron, I love WFU all you have to do is pay me $1/year and I'll coach for you." Wellman would reject it and keep Bzzzz.

The issue with Stevens is that he is poised to be in the championship for the second year in a row at his 'mid-major.' Why would he move to a program that is only perceived to be superior but reality suggests otherwise? Butler is in Indy and he could just recruit the city well and have a darn good team year in and year out. I would think Stevens will shoot to build Butler into a powerhouse program rather than jump at any money thrown at him.

And strategically, we get rid of our coach with the idea of hiring one of these two, so what's plan 'B' when they reject us?

Clearly a lot of people here would be happy that Bzz is gone, but your premise is to do it to hire one of two specific coaches. Maybe it's just me but that logic seems flawed.

Jeff [Redacted] didn't create this mess. Ron Wellman did. Both Ron and [Redacted] need to be gone and we need a fresh start with an energetic, motivational athletic director.

1) We went after Stevens last year.
2) Oregon and its veritable printing press of money couldn't convince Stevens to leave Butler last year, either.
3) State reportedly is ready to offer Shaka $2.2 million per year, with incentives; a number WF surely could not match.

Even if Wellman thinks he made a mistake with [Redacted], neither Stevens nor Smart are available solutions. Wellman should only can [Redacted] if he thinks he can get (and afford) someone better than Jeff B. who is also NOT Smart or Stevens, because they simply aren't options at this point.

Jeff [Redacted] didn't create this mess. Ron Wellman did. Both Ron and [Redacted] need to be gone and we need a fresh start with an energetic, motivational athletic director.

:golfclap::golfclap:

2) Oregon and its veritable printing press of money couldn't convince Stevens to leave Butler last year, either.
3) State reportedly is ready to offer Shaka $2.2 million per year, with incentives; a number WF surely could not match.

Even if Wellman thinks he made a mistake with [Redacted], neither Stevens nor Smart are available solutions. Wellman should only can [Redacted] if he thinks he can get (and afford) someone better than Jeff B. who is also NOT Smart or Stevens, because they simply aren't options at this point.

Mooney.

Of course we probably couldn't afford him either at this point.

Someone better than bzz isn't the highest hurdle to overcome...

Just curious: did Ron have a pair when we were back-to-back ACC bball champs? Or when we were ACC fball champs on the way to the OB?

More proof that one "aw shit" can undo 100 "attaboys" in some people's minds.

Wellman should get credit for Tom Walter, too, right? I know that turnaround isn't done yet but seems to be well on the way.

Obviously baseball doesn't have the same clout as football and basketball, but still.

For the record, I wasn't talking about the 95-96 Titles in the context of Wellman hiring Odom. Just that it took place under his tenure.

Back