• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow Thread 3/27

drew

Reaction score
174023-Snow_Accumulation-600x450.jpg

doofus - is your phone broken? Been trying to get in contact with you all last night and today.

It's been dead...charging now. There is something wrong with it where it won;t work for extended periods of time. Let me go see what's up with it.

Holy carp! Craziness.

Snowing at a pretty solid clip here in Winston right now. Rain on my way in to work this morning.

Still snowing, but thankfully not sticking at all.

Had a pt come in from Sparta this morning, and they already had 3" of snow before daybreak.

Almost done snowing outside my office window. So weird to see in late March.

This is bizarre. I don't think I've ever had snow this close to my bday before in NC.

Walked out to drive to work today and was just like "WTF" since I didn't read the boards before I left to see this thread. It was pouring nice fat flakes my whole drive, but luckily none was sticking.

I wonder how much did fall (accounting for instant melt). Pretty stuff -- looks great around our flower and vegetable gardens.

Oddly, we haven't had a hard freeze here in some time. It was 36 here when it was snowing hardest this morning.

Inches may fall, but none will stick, ground too warm now.

Yeah, saw that. I'll throw the tarp over the spinach/kale/lettuce/chard. Not that it's worth the risk, but the forecast calls for temps lower at/below 32 for an hour or so. Some say it has to stay below 32 for 4+ hours to be a serious threat to vegetation but I've lost plants in a shorter timespan. We shall see.

It will freeze tonight.

Last edited:
Back