• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB 2011 Thread

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
I figured we needed a thread over here where the baseball geeks could congregate.

Question: Are there any good 2-3 time a week baseball podcasts? I'm subscribed to Jonah Keri's podcast, but his is more interview based than about what's going on in baseball. I would like the ESPN Baseball Today podcast if it wasn't five days a week. Though I guess I could just listen to it on the days I have time to listen to it.

Any ideas?

I figured we needed a thread over here where the baseball geeks could congregate.

Question: Are there any good 2-3 time a week baseball podcasts? I'm subscribed to Jonah Keri's podcast, but his is more interview based than about what's going on in baseball. I would like the ESPN Baseball Today podcast if it wasn't five days a week. Though I guess I could just listen to it on the days I have time to listen to it.

Any ideas?

I like the up and in podcast from baseball prospectus. Joe Sheehan and Rany Jazerly(Rany on the Royals) now have a podcast as well. Both are once a week on wednesday. Up and in is 2+ hrs a week, but you can skip some stuff. Fangraphs has a podcast as well. Also, I usually only listen to Baseball Today when Keith Law is on, which is the middle three days.

Beachbum, I think you are a fellow Braves fan. I listen to Atlanta Baseball talk that comes out on Mondays. They actually have really good interviews.

Beachbum, I think you are a fellow Braves fan. I listen to Atlanta Baseball talk that comes out on Mondays. They actually have really good interviews.

oh awesome. I had checked out the Capitol Avenue Club podcast but it wasn't that great.

I see they haven't done one since March 14... I guess they'll pick up when the season starts?

Just subscribed to the Rany and Sheehan podcast. Thanks for the tip, BBD.

Tiny Tim Collins made the Royals big league roster! Good for him

I'm an Astros fan, meaning I'll be interested in this MLB season until next Tuesday if I'm lucky.

(Not totally true, but when the Astros suck do I basically stop caring as soon as football starts coming back in August)

It will be interesting to see if the Phillies starting pitching can overcome the injuries and the lack of a closer for 3-6 weeks.

sox fans and I cant wait for this year!!!!!
of the 44 guys that predicted 33 the bo sox win it all

It will be interesting to see if the Phillies starting pitching can overcome the injuries and the lack of a closer for 3-6 weeks.

Sounds like he can't throw for 3-6 weeks, so it will likely be 2 months or so until he is actually closing again.

I don't know why the Phillies are so down on Ryan Madson. He was great after coming back from his (stupid, self-inflicted) injury last year. Plus, they'll need to figure out who their 2012 closer will be at some point.

Attachments

• opening day cocktail.jpg
    opening day cocktail.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 118
Back