• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paul - the movie

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I have to admit I love British humor.

Is this great cinema? No, but it's a lot of fun.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are fun buddy pair. Thenm in the US is funny situation to start from.

Definitely worth seeing.

Not life changing good, but not bad.

First time I have seen a movie in theaters since The Social Network, purely because of the cast (big Nick Frost/Simon Pegg/Jason Bateman fan).

Not life changing good, but not bad.

First time I have seen a movie in theaters since The Social Network, purely because of the cast (big Nick Frost/Simon Pegg/Jason Bateman fan).

So you were more interested in Paul than any of these movies:

Harry Potter
The Kings Speech
Black Swan
The Fighter
Tron
True Grit
127 Hours

Wow, ok. Different strokes I guess.

Two of my british friends are coming to America for the first time this summer. I expect that it will be absolutely hilarious. First time they see solo cups, they will crap their pants.

So you were more interested in Paul than any of these movies:

Harry Potter
The Kings Speech
Black Swan
The Fighter
Tron
True Grit
127 Hours

Wow, ok. Different strokes I guess.

Yep.

To me there's more value in watching a comedy in a theater than watching a drama. I actually prefer dramas but the difference between watching them on DVD instead of at a cinema is minimal imo.

Oh, and the last movie I watched in theaters before The Social Network was Hot Tub Time Machine. Think about that.

Last edited:
Kristen Wiig stole the show, I thought. Her learning to curse after being enlightened was great.

Not a bad movie at all, definitely worth it if you've got 2 hours to kill.

I liked it, but didn't think it was near Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz (or even Spaced) as far as quality material from Pegg and Frost. Maybe they need Edgar Wright with them to really reach their potential. Paul just seemed kind of uneven, but still had several big laughs.

Saw it this weekend as a double feature along with Rango.

Paul was, as described above, a light comedy, entertaining, not particularly good, but not bad.

Rango was freaking crazy, one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. Not remotely a kids movie. Like a peyote-fueled Chinatown homage starring a lizard. Cool movie in parts, definitely ambitious as hell.

Saw it this weekend as a double feature along with Rango.

Paul was, as described above, a light comedy, entertaining, not particularly good, but not bad.

Rango was freaking crazy, one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. Not remotely a kids movie. Like a peyote-fueled Chinatown homage starring a lizard. Cool movie in parts, definitely ambitious as hell.

:eek:

Two of my british friends are coming to America for the first time this summer. I expect that it will be absolutely hilarious. First time they see solo cups, they will crap their pants.

They don't have solo cups in Britain? Backwards ass people...

I mean, dude, look at this image from the movie. It's a pretty accurate description:

rango01_dream.jpg

Back