• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Everything is on the up and up for 3 of the big 4

THE DEUCE

Reaction score
Dook = another great recruiting class and of course Coach K is still there.
UNC= great run in the tournament and if they stay intact mark down ACC champs for 2011-2012.
NCSU = Yow has her eye on a super list of names to replace Lowe and Tobias Harris (former McDonalds All-american) will now join his brother in Raleigh.

......more great news for our beloved Deacs:rulz::panda:

I am worried about State getting a solid coach. But remember, this is what Wellman wants. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Culture, socks and the Wake Forest way!

LOL at anyone who think State is in a lot better shape than us. When they score a coach that is better than Lowe then yeah, but until then they don't have too much on us and with Miller and Barnes already saying no, who knows where their search will go.

I hope State gets a great coach. Enough of this nonsense about only getting 4 bids to the tournament or only getting on ESPN when you play Duke or UNC. The more general exposure and hype surrounding the ACC and the more pressure on Wellman / [Redacted] to return Wake to a highly competitive level (and do so quickly), the better.

State may clearly be in 3rd of the 4, but we're clearly in 4th. It's hard to argue anything otherwise.

Things have to be on the 'up and up' at Wake. They can't get any worse, right?

I cannot imagine that UNC will stay intact. 1 or 2 undies will go pro, in my opinion.

Gotta think Barnes is gone. He is a top 5 draft pick.

He could use another year.

It's the one and dones we have to thank for the current Final 4.

Dook = another great recruiting class and of course Coach K is still there.
UNC= great run in the tournament and if they stay intact mark down ACC champs for 2011-2012.
NCSU = Yow has her eye on a super list of names to replace Lowe and Tobias Harris (former McDonalds All-american) will now join his brother in Raleigh.

......more great news for our beloved Deacs:rulz::panda:

Where did you get the news about Tobias Harris? Everything I have read has him jumping to the NBA draft.

It's going to be interesting to see what the NBA labor issues do to the underclassmen. Going top 5 is great, but not if you don't get paid for a year.

Where did you get the news about Tobias Harris? Everything I have read has him jumping to the NBA draft.

got it from an article from

yardbarker.comhttp://jeffgoodman.yardbarker.com/blog/jeffgoodman/tag/nc_state_wolfpack?obj_id=36&obj_type=10

did not check the date on it so you could be right.

So what if a few of Carolina's leave early? This happens often with UNC and a lot of other programs. They still put out a good team because they recruit and are able to replace the losses.

I agree with the poster who pointed out that a better conference can only help. It'll provide more exposure and pressure. I'm not in the Buzzout camp yet and am willing to give him more than a year. However, another 8-24 year will not be acceptable. If he makes progress and we can see improvement in the team (not just 9-23) this combined with more conference exposure will only help our recruiting.

got it from an article from

yardbarker.comhttp://jeffgoodman.yardbarker.com/blog/jeffgoodman/tag/nc_state_wolfpack?obj_id=36&obj_type=10

did not check the date on it so you could be right.

I think you misread the article. His brother is "heading south too". Brother is going to NCSU most likely. He is either remaining at UT or going to the draft.

Next year:
Carolina + (Better and older)
Duke = (They aren't replacing Singler, Smith, and Irving)
State ? (Depends on new coach and CJ Leslie)
Wake + (Nearly impossible to be worse)

Carolina is going to be sick next year if everyone stays. Even without Barnes, they will probably be head and shoulders above everyone else. Duke is getting Rivers (who's awesome) and another unimpressive Plumlee, not enough push them ahead since Rivers will not add more than Nolan Smith subtracts.

Next year:
Carolina + (Better and older)
Duke = (They aren't replacing Singler, Smith, and Irving)
State ? (Depends on new coach and CJ Leslie)
Wake + (Nearly impossible to be worse)

Carolina is going to be sick next year if everyone stays. Even without Barnes, they will probably be head and shoulders above everyone else. Duke is getting Rivers (who's awesome) and another unimpressive Plumlee, not enough push them ahead since Rivers will not add more than Nolan Smith subtracts.

But everyone won't stay; Barnes and Henson are going to be lottery picks, and Zeller is projected to be a late first rounder. They'll be lucky to have more than 1 of those 3 guys return.

I think you misread the article. His brother is "heading south too". Brother is going to NCSU most likely. He is either remaining at UT or going to the draft.

yup.....I guess that is what happens when you look at an article at 12am!
my bad

Back