• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Konichiwa, Bitches!" ARE YOU OFFENDED?

Are you offended?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Disgraceful, noisy fans ruined the moment of silence for Japan prior to the US-Argentina match on March 26, 2011.
Childish? Yes. Tasteless? Yes. But I still chuckled (reminded me of RZA from the Wu Tang Clan on Chappelle Show).
The top rated comments on YouTube:
What an IDIOTS. Because of that idiots 90% of the world population hate your fucking USA !!! Japan people is good and don't fight around the world because of OIL
konichiwa bitches... fuck you America.

While watching on Saturday I definitely facepalmed

It was as creative as the "Fuck you JJ" during the National Anthem.

Not offended, but agree with the facepalm. If you're gonna do that, at least be more creative.

Before Europeans and the rest of the world want to get on their high horses and condemn the US maybe they should look in the mirror. Throwing bananas at black players and saying they should be paid in peanuts. Disgusting and unbelievable.

Not to get into semantics but for me it was more "disgust" than offense. Grow the fuck up and act human.

I watched Pearl Harbor on Saturday.

It's stupid but Europeans need to check themselves on this shit. We dont have to have huge SAY NO TO RACISM signs at all of our events.

Before Europeans and the rest of the world want to get on their high horses and condemn the US maybe they should look in the mirror. Throwing bananas at black players and saying they should be paid in peanuts. Disgusting and unbelievable.

Crazy that they talked about Espanyol right out of the gate. One of the scariest sporting experiences of my life was when I went to see Barcelona v. Espanyol in Estadio Olympico in Barcelona. About 3/4 of the game was over, and in the deck below me and my friends a riot broke out between the cops and the skinheads. It was crazy to watch the skinheads tear the stadium apart and to watch the police slowly advance closer and closer in their riot gear. Finally they clashed and I watched people getting beaten by the cops, cops getting beaten by the crowd... it was out of control. Luckily, the cops ended up controlling it after a while, but the stadium was so torn up and so much debris ended up on the pitch that they had to stop the game for a while. I grabbed a chunk of a stadium seat that had been pulled out of the concrete as a souvenir. Then we got to walk to the Metro with our FC Barcelona gear on -- I ended up turning my shirt inside out and giving my jacket to a female friend to zip up because FCB fans leaving the stadium were getting jumped in the plaza. It was one of the craziest experiences of my life.

The public poll feature is awesome.

hwxw5i.jpg

It would be really sick if the boards had an Excel Camera-like function.

i thought the poll was about the phrase itself, not saying shit during a moment of silence

No country, including the Japanese who have been historically one of the most extreme offenders of racism, can point the finger at any other country.

There are a lot of people who love football and basketball and golf at any and all levels who think nothing of glancing around the bar and before telling a racist joke. The sad thing is that these small-minded assclowns may profess to love their respective teams and support them but have no respect, at the core, for the people of color who play for them. I usually just excuse myself unless I just feel like making a point- but that's useless. If you're old enough to not shit your own pants but still harbor racist sentiments, you're too fucking stupid to waste time on. I just feel a sad sense of embarrassment and pity for fuckheads like that.

i was not personally offended so i checked no...it was just stupid act by a moron. those kind of idiots will pop up no matter the what unit of the population you are looking at. if people from another country are ignorant enough to consider that a proper representation of the american populous then they lack as much mental capacity as that moron at that game.

not offended per se, just embarrassed... same as when anyone yells anything during the national anthem (I'm reminded of you, ncsu/hurricanes fans). I know it happens everywhere but it still gets to me.

Back