• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We looked better tonight than any game last year

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
IMO

Good movement on offense. Stout D. Nice press break (for the most part). Smart basketball (for the most part). But most importantly...we played hard. We were absolutely terrible from the line but if even knock down a few free-throws this game is not close and Loyola is not a terrible team.

I am cautiously optimistic (compared to what I expected).

BuzzWaitAndSee

I don't think anything in this game means anything. Nothing to be optimistic or pessimistic about.

We didn't lose. That's what I take away from this. Some improvement from some players.

I'm glad we weren't on the aircraft carrier tonight.

It's really nice to see set plays on offense. Good movement, good passing, good job of crashing the boards. I'm optimistic about the future.

Good win. Loyola was a decent team to play in a home opener. AWFUL on the charity stripe tonight.

Agreed. That doesn't mean I expect us to have a good year by any means, but I liked what I saw tonight. Much more enjoyable to watch than any game last year.

This team plays much harder than last year's team. Defensively we played better and offensively we seemed more comfortable. Free throw shooting was abysmal but overall, I was relatively pleased. This team is a lot more likable.

This team plays much harder than last year's team. Defensively we played better and offensively we seemed more comfortable. Free throw shooting was abysmal but overall, I was relatively pleased. This team is a lot more likable.

Completely agree... at least after one game...

Not sure if I agree with nice press break, but it could have been much worse than it was given all the shit that went down.

SKO DEACS!!!

Out rebounded, but 1-0. I would be shocked if we out rebound three teams this year.

Abysmal free throw shooting and not great rebounding, but we exerted a lot of effort on defense and mostly seemed to be in the right place. Offense was a bit shakier. Haven't come nearly as far as you would hope on breaking the press compared to last year's VCU game. TC looked pretty good on offense I thought, a lot better than he did against Ferrum. Carson played well all around. Fields also looked pretty good and so did Daniel.

All in all, a really good effort. This is not a game we would have won last year.

Also, Loyola's coach made a total ass of himself throughout the game. Yelling at refs, his players on the court, his players on the bench, and even his assistants. Can't believe he didn't get a t'ed up.

Carson didn't have a huge game but he is giving me hope that he can be a good C for us moving forward.

Abysmal free throw shooting and not great rebounding, but we exerted a lot of effort on defense and mostly seemed to be in the right place. Offense was a bit shakier. Haven't come nearly as far as you would hope on breaking the press compared to last year's VCU game. TC looked pretty good on offense I thought, a lot better than he did against Ferrum. Carson played well all around. Fields also looked pretty good and so did Daniel.

All in all, a really good effort. This is not a game we would have won last year.

Also, Loyola's coach made a total ass of himself throughout the game. Yelling at refs, his players on the court, his players on the bench, and even his assistants. Can't believe he didn't get a t'ed up.

What else would you expect from a Gary Williams disciple?

Back