• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Orville Reynolds is a grown ass man!

Orville Reynolds is a greased pig.

Great game by BP, but I would have like to see OR get more totes...

Love this kid, and wish he had gotten even more carries today.

I really like how our team shapes up for next year apart from the OL. Someone make me feel better about that....

Great game by BP, but I would have like to see OR get more totes...

Orville looks good and Harris better get toughness amped up a bit or he might be finding himself watching Reynolds do most of the toting next season. We had to keep going with BP as good a game as he was having.

What were his final stats?

If we burned the shirt, we need to get him in the game plan more. KR seems like a spot that could use some talent.

Brandon played great but Grove did say they planned to switch them every series. Brandon went at least 3 straight to start the game.

I hate that our coaches can only think of using guys in series. With BP carrying the load, why not run OR in to give BP a blow whenhe needs it, or in situations where Orville's style seems to fit? We just hate to use substitutes sometimes I think. You dont see many teams using the designated series thoing. I think runnining guys in and out keeps them involved in the game. We will end up wasting Orville because we are afraid to play back-ups and we end up with no depth.

I hate that our coaches can only think of using guys in series. With BP carrying the load, why not run OR in to give BP a blow whenhe needs it, or in situations where Orville's style seems to fit? We just hate to use substitutes sometimes I think. You dont see many teams using the designated series thoing. I think runnining guys in and out keeps them involved in the game. We will end up wasting Orville because we are afraid to play back-ups and we end up with no depth.

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand how we substitute players. Especially the RB's.

Love this kid, and wish he had gotten even more carries today.

I really like how our team shapes up for next year apart from the OL. Someone make me feel better about that....

Well. . .we have one returning starter (Williams) and one tackle with significant minutes who has played very well this year (Chase). Lastly, Colin Summers has made a real push in the second half of the season and might could become the starter at Guard before the season is over. So, that's 3 out of 5 positions with considerable experience.

Grobe has also spoken about how talented the young lineman are. Daniel Blitch is a beast and keeps blocking until the whistle blows. And an injury was the only thing that kept Dylan Heartsill from burning his redshirt last year.

So, there is a lot to be excited about there and I haven't even mentioned the two guys who are probably the best linemen on the team in Preble and Goodwin.

Well. . .we have one returning starter (Williams) and one tackle with significant minutes who has played very well this year (Chase). Lastly, Colin Summers has made a real push in the second half of the season and might could become the starter at Guard before the season is over. So, that's 3 out of 5 positions with considerable experience.

Grobe has also spoken about how talented the young lineman are. Daniel Blitch is a beast and keeps blocking until the whistle blows. And an injury was the only thing that kept Dylan Heartsill from burning his redshirt last year.

So, there is a lot to be excited about there and I haven't even mentioned the two guys who are probably the best linemen on the team in Preble and Goodwin.

I freaking love this post. If we are strong on the OL next year, we will be 9-3 at worst. At worst.

Why do Blitch Heartsill and these other young linemen get no playing time? Oh yeah, we build depth best by sitting on the bench and never getting worked in. Potential is another word for not having done anything. In this case, they never had the chance. We will play the young card next year again. Hopefully El Lobo can coach them up.

To be clear I am excited by these guys and wonder why they dont get worked in here and there if they are as good as advertised. Seems we had the opportunity. If you complain about wearing down, here is the answer.

I hate to say "wait until next year," but I really do think - assuming we have no major injuries or defections - that next year's out year. I don't think we'll see any appreciable drop in OL play (and, as was said earlier, possibly better). Our D is young and our skill position players will be back. It would be nice to get a kid like Orville extra practice going into a bowl game.

Preble got alot of hype from Florida recruiting insiders as one of the best linemen in the state.

Schedule is also easier next year than it was this year.

Home: BC, Clemson, Duke, UNC, Army, Liberty, Vanderbilt

Away: FSU, Maryland, State, UVA, @Notre Dame

Of course, if Pitt and Cuse join the ACC next year that may throw everything out of whack. But hopefully we still miss Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and Miami

Back