• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explaining what everything means on the board

Strickland33

Reaction score
Hey, I'm kind of new to message boards, so I'm wondering what some of the commonly utilized terminology means.

For instance, +1/neg-rep.

What do the dots until the username display mean, etc.?

Also, what is the progression of players and to what does it refer (i.e. I'm Joe Amonett *shudder*)

Thanks!

+1 means that someone agrees with the previous post.

negrep is when someone leaves you negative reputation points via the scales underneath your username.

The dots underneath your username are how many reputation points you have, I can't remember the breakdown, but obviously, the more the better. Deacon heads come in when your little boxes overfill the user box.

Progression of players is due to post count. Look around at various posters and their post count and what player with which they are titled.

What does NWT mean?

On eBay it means new with tags but I assume it means something different on a message board.

Back