• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey ACC Refs

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
There are 2 or 3 seconds left. Grow a set and clear the field. Either that or die, and take your vaginas with you. Your choice.

There is no way that Clemson at home for the divisional championship is not going to get the calls against Wake. That's just the way the ACC is.

All you need to know about how pathetic this coaching staff is, is watching Grobe walk on the field knowing that 3 seconds were taken off the clock.

What pisses me off is Grobe just takes that shit, he took it with the bad spots the kid out of bounds in the end zone, the missed field goals. The players deserve better

Shitty spot
Shouldn't have been a TD
We had 3 seconds left

There is no way that Clemson at home for the divisional championship is not going to get the calls against Wake. That's just the way the ACC is.

This is the conference that has Michael Krzyzewski as a basketball coach. Why are you still deluding yourself into thinking they have the faintest interest in legitimate outcomes? For example, that spot on Tanner's sneak might as well have been made by the Mecklenburg County Visitor's Bureau.

We have to anticipate getting worked and be mentally tough enough to overcome.

This is the conference that has Michael Krzyzewski as a basketball coach. Why are you still deluding yourself into thinking they have the faintest interest in legitimate outcomes? For example, that spot on Tanner's sneak might as well have been made by the Mecklenburg County Visitor's Bureau.

We have to anticipate getting worked and be mentally tough enough to overcome.

Even worse than the spot on the 4th down was the spot they gave Camp on the 3rd down before that. He got spun at the end of the play, and it was pretty clear that the ball ended up a good half yard or so past the yellow line. Yeah, the yellow line isn't always precise, but the fact is they marked the ball about a yard behind where it should have been. I'm sure it is not easy to mark the ball on a QB keeper, but it should have been easy on the Camp play, since it was just him and a defender or two.

How come no one even the announcers never pointed out that the receiver had stepped on the white line before he jumped for the ball?

How come no one even the announcers never pointed out that the receiver had stepped on the white line before he jumped for the ball?

They did mention it. A couple of times in fact. The color guy (Kannell?) even said it was clear that he was our of bounds before he jumped to catch the ball but didn't pursue the fact that would make it an illegal catch. I don't think he knew the rule, as he acted like as long as he made the catch in bounds it was a TD.

I want to say I can't believe they missed it on review, but really I'm not even remotely surprised we got jobbed at Clemson.

If we're going to face the truth, Wake Forest makes an absolute fortune playing Division I, BCS football for a school of its size. You can't buy the visibility that playing in the ACC provides. The optimist is grateful those benefits and recognizes that a fair shake in a revenue sport might be a bit ambitious.

They did mention it. A couple of times in fact. The color guy (Kannell?) even said it was clear that he was our of bounds before he jumped to catch the ball but didn't pursue the fact that would make it an illegal catch. I don't think he knew the rule, as he acted like as long as he made the catch in bounds it was a TD.

Yep. The color guy noticed he was out of bounds, but seemed to be unsure about the rule so he didn't make much of it. The officials know the rule though, and they just flat out missed it. I am really at a loss how it was missed on review. The ACC should acknowledge they missed it. I doubt they will, but they should.

In looking at the rules that I could find, it appears that illegal touching is reviewable. But I'm making an assumption because all I've been able to find is that it is reviewable to reverse an illegal touching call when it is made (either than he didn't step out or he was forced out).

Also, are reviews limited to what is requested to be reviewed? I assume not with a booth review. However, that might be the case. Either way, that was a screw job today.

In looking at the rules that I could find, it appears that illegal touching is reviewable. But I'm making an assumption because all I've been able to find is that it is reviewable to reverse an illegal touching call when it is made (either than he didn't step out or he was forced out).

Also, are reviews limited to what is requested to be reviewed? I assume not with a booth review. However, that might be the case. Either way, that was a screw job today.

See the "Out of Bounds Rule" thread. It is definitely reviewable.

Why did we not force them to clear the field and make them kickoff with 2 seconds left? The fact that "we werent going to score anyway" just doesnt fly. Any serious POVs that can explain this to me?

Not to be missed, this is from IC at 2:35 pm. Note: this is another school before the game was over (safe from any "sour grapes" challenge):

TylerBloodyTyler
All-American
2708 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Yesterday 2:35 PM
RE: Wake up on Clemson 21-14 8:06 to go 3rd Quarter
Don't worry, ACC is gonna job Wake out of the win, try to get max bowl for Clempzin.

Clemp just got a TD upheld in which the receiver came from out of bounds to make the catch. Doubt the truck ever showed the replay ref the relevant view.

D@mmit it all so much. Absolutely nothing is college sports is honest any longer.

Back