• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

3 timeouts...we had THREE!

Reaction score
And we go three and out with no pass protection. We acted like we had 10 seconds on the clock. Took a sack.

The end of that game was horribly mismanaged by the coaches. Seriously that should be a training video for coaches on what not to do.

Last drive is right. It should have been the last drive of regulation. Absolutely terrible.

prices first throw was into tight coverage and was a good pass

Lobo is fucking horrible ! The coaching is holding this program back. they are great at recruiting, developing players, and managing the program.

But they completely suck at making adjustments during the game and play calling. Lobo can blow me. The 3rd down and inches running from the shotgun makes me crazy.

Until Grobe is forced to make changes, this will continue. It's really that simple.

Lobo is fucking horrible ! The coaching is holding this program back. they are great at recruiting, developing players, and managing the program.

But they completely suck at making adjustments during the game and play calling. Lobo can blow me. The 3rd down and inches running from the shotgun makes me crazy.

Did you watch the game? This isn't on lobo.

He should have called an offense to close out the game there, not punt with considerable time remaining.

We would be 8-2 with a competent offensive coordinator. Not good, competent. He wasn't the primary culprit today, but our last four drives went 25 yards and punt, 19 yards and missed FG, 0 yards and punt, and 5 yards and punt. We mustered only 317 yards of offense and were outgained by over 200 yards; turnovers, short fields, and Camp's punt return kept us in it.

We would be 8-2 with a competent offensive coordinator. Not good, competent. He wasn't the primary culprit today, but our last four drives went 25 yards and punt, 19 yards and missed FG, 0 yards and punt, and 5 yards and punt. We mustered only 317 yards of offense and were outgained by over 200 yards; turnovers, short fields, and Camp's punt return kept us in it.

+1,000

LOL.

Check out where Wake ranks in scoring offense compared to scoring defense and get back to us.

Your obsession with defense is strange. I would have thought Lambert leaving would have fixed that. Maybe it's more a crush on Lobo than an irrational hatred for Lambert.

The defense let us down in the fourth quarter; no one would argue that. However, the defense held Clemson to seven points below their season average and forced three turnovers which led directly to 14 points. Clemson had been allowing 25.67 ppg, and the offense scored only 21. Overperforming by 7 is better than underperforming by 4.67.

Last edited:
LOL.

Check out where Wake ranks in scoring offense compared to scoring defense and get back to us.

This has absolutely nothing to do with in-game situations, adjustments and decisions during critical possessions. This was Gold's point.

This has absolutely nothing to do with in-game situations, adjustments and decisions during critical possessions. This was Gold's point.

Gold's point was Wake would be 8-2 with a competent offensive coordinator.

I just find that statement odd due to the fact Wake ranked 57th nationally in scoring offense compared to 71st nationally in scoring defense before today's game.

If the offense has outperformed the defense over the course of the season (just as it did in 2010) is the offensive coordinator the most pressing issue?

He should have called an offense to close out the game there, not punt with considerable time remaining.

Absolutely - he is aggressive when he needs to be conservative. A loser with those decisions. He lacks what it takes guys. It is now his time to go.

This is an absolute must this year. Lobo is MEDIOCRE at best and the rest of the program is really good.

I would rank our most pressing issues as:
1. Defensive personnel
2. Offensive coordinator
3. Offensive line coach
4. Punter/kicker
5. Defensive coordinator
6. Special teams coaching

Four through six could go in almost any order, and it's possible I forgot something.

Back