• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

After the Notre Dame game I was...

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
disappointed, but proud of how hard our guys played. After this one, I'm still proud of how hard our guys played, but I am freaking pissed off!!!! There are so many things that can be pointed to, dropped interceptions, suspect playcalls, missed fieldgoals, but how in the crap was Clemson's 3rd touchdown not taken away. The receiver was clearly standing out of bounds before he caught the ball inbounds, a receiver can go out of bounds and be the first person to touch the ball am I right???? I mean it was clear as freaking day on the replay, how could it be missed??? We got screwed on the spot twice on the possession before Camp returned the punt for a TD too. This is unfreaking believeable how we lose games. Hopefully I'll look back and think how amazing it was that we were so close to winning the Atlantic division this year after how bad we were this year, but right now I'm just pissed about this whole thing!!!!:mad:

And where the crap has Chris Givens been??? I kept expecting Givens to make a big catch in the 4th to get us over the hump to win it. Either he's not getting open or Tanner's not finding him??? I hope Givens shows up next week, I've missed him lately!!!

Dude, we played good, against a very good team, at their place. Although we gave it away with our field goal kicking, overall we played very well. Let yourself enjoy that much, at least.

And where the crap has Chris Givens been??? I kept expecting Givens to make a big catch in the 4th to get us over the hump to win it. Either he's not getting open or Tanner's not finding him??? I hope Givens shows up next week, I've missed him lately!!!

Yeah our deep passing game has gone out the window the last couple weeks. I know part of it is pressure on Tanner but it doesn't even really seem to be a part of the gameplan.

Proud of the effort today, and somehow this one doesn't hurt as much as some other past close losses. Still would've been nice to have another division title, to say the least

This one hurts as bad as any other. Maybe more because if we win a dozen different ways, as we should have, we have a great shot at Maryland and a trip to Charlotte.

Yeah, this one hurts.

disappointed, but proud of how hard our guys played. After this one, I'm still proud of how hard our guys played, but I am freaking pissed off!!!! There are so many things that can be pointed to, dropped interceptions, suspect playcalls, missed fieldgoals, but how in the crap was Clemson's 3rd touchdown not taken away. The receiver was clearly standing out of bounds before he caught the ball inbounds, a receiver can go out of bounds and be the first person to touch the ball am I right???? I mean it was clear as freaking day on the replay, how could it be missed??? We got screwed on the spot twice on the possession before Camp returned the punt for a TD too. This is unfreaking believeable how we lose games. Hopefully I'll look back and think how amazing it was that we were so close to winning the Atlantic division this year after how bad we were this year, but right now I'm just pissed about this whole thing!!!!:mad:

ya kinda captured pretty much how I am feeling ... especially right after the game

Dont know how much it was affecting him today, but Chris was dinged up in practice the first of this week. He was obviously cleared to play, but dont know how much that limited him ... if at all.

Did not understand why we weren't going for some deep passes to Terrance Davis or Givens when they were pressing in the 2nd half and particularly 4th quarter. The passes to Pendergrass and Reynolds weren't working against the Clemson coverage.

Of course, the plausible explanation is that Lobo didn't think the line could contain the pass rush for long enough.

Did not understand why we weren't going for some deep passes to Terrance Davis or Givens when they were pressing in the 2nd half and particularly 4th quarter. The passes to Pendergrass and Reynolds weren't working against the Clemson coverage.

Of course, the plausible explanation is that Lobo didn't think the line could contain the pass rush for long enough.

So the fault doesnt lie with the OC, its the o-line coach?

<gas on fire>

I was screaming like a madman watching the game when I was in the box at USC-UF today.

Did it suck we lost? Yes. Should we have won? Yes, we had some missed opportunities. But I've never seen wake play that well in Death Valley and we weren't even supposed to be that good this year. .500 was optimistic at the start of the year and we have a shot at doing just that. I just can't get that mad about today's game, I can't.

I really think next year is the year to be disappointed about losing games.

He has a bad hamstring. He played but he was nowhere near 100%.

We've never beaten a top ten team, have we?

Today, it was in our grasp. Away. At the Fake Death Valley. With a championship on the line.

Yeah, it hurts a bit.

Dude, we played good, against a very good team, at their place. Although we gave it away with our field goal kicking, overall we played very well. Let yourself enjoy that much, at least.

While I agree that we played a good game for 3 quarters, (We Finish - My Ass), championships and bowl bids are based on WINS, not good games that result in close losses. Jmo.

Back