• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Go Deacs Beat Maryland

jamesda3

Reaction score
Huge game next weekend and the following week against Vandy. We have got to protect our house and take care of our business. Maryland is capable and Vandy is now 5-5 and will be fighting for bowl eligibility if they don't beat Tenn. Let's win these next two go to a bowl and take care of business and get some positive momentum and extra practice to build for our championship run next year.

Last edited:
If we win the next two we'll probably go to Charlotte and play the same caliber opponent we would play in the Orange Bowl due to the clusterfuck that is the Big East. And we won't have to get reamed by VT again. So not all is lost

Vandy is a good football team, Vandy is a good football team, repeat so you will believe by the time we play them. We better beat Maryland next week at home, if we don't we probably don't deserve a bowl anyway. Hopefully the players will be really pissed after today and have a great week of preparation. Whatever they did this past week, just do it again, we were ready today. Too bad we get screwed, by the refs and ourselves once again.

Yeah no doubt Vandy is good. Hope they beat Tennessee Saturday, think there's a very real chance of that. As long as we beat Maryland though I think we'll go to Charlotte, barring some Heel or Wuffie upsets

Vandy is a good football team, Vandy is a good football team, repeat so you will believe by the time we play them. We better beat Maryland next week at home, if we don't we probably don't deserve a bowl anyway. Hopefully the players will be really pissed after today and have a great week of preparation. Whatever they did this past week, just do it again, we were ready today. Too bad we get screwed, by the refs and ourselves once again.

I know Vandy is a good football team, but they are a much better football team at home and so are we. I think it will be a dogfight.

If not making a bowl would get Lobo fired, them I'm not sure I care.

Yeah no doubt Vandy is good. Hope they beat Tennessee Saturday, think there's a very real chance of that. As long as we beat Maryland though I think we'll go to Charlotte, barring some Heel or Wuffie upsets

State pretty much ruined their bowl hopes losing to BC today.

In although I'm gonna ask for the 24 hour rule to digest this crushing defeat but tomorrow like a glutton for punishment I'll be full steam ahead

In. What hurts is that I think this team is really good. Hopefully, they can shine against MD and curbstomp Vandy to end the season. 7-5 ain't no jive after a 3-9 season.

Bowling is the goal this year. The goal next year is a top tier bowl.

I said earlier this week, but I think we beat Maryland by 10 and Vandy by 3. Vandy has not beaten a team all year with a winning record. No doubt they are better than they were last year, but so are we.

Maryland.... I mean no win is guaranteed, but I think we win a comfortable game.

I said earlier this week, but I think we beat Maryland by 10 and Vandy by 3. Vandy has not beaten a team all year with a winning record. No doubt they are better than they were last year, but so are we.

Maryland.... I mean no win is guaranteed, but I think we win a comfortable game.

The thing I like about what Vandy is doing is they are beating the teams they should beat badly. They've stomped Kentucky and Ole Miss, not let them hang around like some teams seem to, you know like a team we know real well.

The thing I like about what Vandy is doing is they are beating the teams they should beat badly. They've stomped Kentucky and Ole Miss, not let them hang around like some teams seem to, you know like a team we know real well.

Yeah, very true. But, at this point I'm not going to freak out about it. It's how Grobe is and he is not going to change.

I also think we are underestimating home field advantage. We are a much better team at home. We played the best on the road today than we have all year.

Maryland is capable but we got to come out and show our support for the team like we did against ND, did you see how fired up the boys was when they seen the support for the ND game they loved it.

Vandy is 5-5 all 5 wins have been at home. They have been outscored 81-24 on the road all though their last road game was a 21-26 loss to Florida.

Yes!

PLEASE beat Maryland. By a lot. Run up the score.

God damn it I hate Randy Edsall.

Yes!

PLEASE beat Maryland. By a lot. Run up the score.

God damn it I hate Randy Edsall.

We wouldn't run up the score if we could, but I would like payback for last year.

Seriously, if a loss to MD would guarantee a Lobo firing, would you take it?

Back