• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why are our kick returners so terrible?

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
If they aren't dropping the kickoff or running backwards, they are taking a step back EVERY SINGLE TIME before catching the ball. Why can't they catch the ball while moving forward? Good Lord.

Special Teams coaching has something to do with it.

I don't know but moving Camp to punt returner was a great move, I think he probably had more punt return yards today, then Jackson's had all season.

The kickoff returners have made some complete bonehead plays. Props to opposing kickers who have been booting them in the corner and causing our returners to give up all common sense.

I don't think Noel or Jackson are the answer. Now that Reynolds is playing, get him back there. I thought Grobe claimed he was going to play more in the last few games than most true frosh in a season. I saw him out there for maybe 4 plays today. Not sure who could be the other returner though. Camp and Givens would make sense, but both seem to have gimpy hamstrings, so you probably don't want to push that.

I don't know but moving Camp to punt returner was a great move, I think he probably had more punt return yards today, then Jackson's had all season.

Not to mention that he actually fielded all of the punts. Jackson has to be in the negative yardage category, given all of the short punts he has let hit the ground and the bounce on for another 10-15 yards.

I don't think Noel or Jackson are the answer. Now that Reynolds is playing, get him back there. I thought Grobe claimed he was going to play more in the last few games than most true frosh in a season. I saw him out there for maybe 4 plays today. Not sure who could be the other returner though. Camp and Givens would make sense, but both seem to have gimpy hamstrings, so you probably don't want to push that.

If Grobe tells Dan how much a guy is going to play during the week, he's not going to play nearly that much on Saturday.

The kickoff returners have made some complete bonehead plays. Props to opposing kickers who have been booting them in the corner and causing our returners to give up all common sense.

I made my dog piss himself I was yelling so loudly on the opening kickoff.

Back