• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Grobe good or other coaches bad?

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Is Wake's recent success the last 7 years due to decent coaching by Grobe or bad coaching at the other schools? Or some of both. Va tech is the only school that hasn't had coaching turnover.

Watching the game today, Dabo has some serious athletes but Clemson always steps in it. They come off a bye week and play like total dog doo and Wake still can't beat them

I guarantee va tech beats Clemson in Charlotte. State is probably looking for a new coach as we speak.

ACC football our motto is " taking mediocrity to a new level!"

Is Wake's recent success the last 7 years due to decent coaching by Grobe or bad coaching at the other schools? Or some of both. Va tech is the only school that hasn't had coaching turnover.

Watching the game today, Dabo has some serious athletes but Clemson always steps in it. They come off a bye week and play like total dog doo and Wake still can't beat them

I guarantee va tech beats Clemson in Charlotte. State is probably looking for a new coach as we speak.

Dude, Grobe has taken us where we've never been as a program. As far as I am concerned, he's earned his bones. I don't understand the fixation with Lobo, but I've never questioned Grobe's abilities and I don't do so now.

Dude, Grobe has taken us where we've never been as a program. As far as I am concerned, he's earned his bones. I don't understand the fixation with Lobo, but I've never questioned Grobe's abilities and I don't do so now.

Agree with 76.

I can personally tell you grobe is the man. We are lucky to have him.

I certainly have no interest in replacing Grobe; but I think we need changes with both offensive and defensive coordinators

You are clueless.... enough said

I don't want Grobe to go anywhere. He might frustrate the fuck out of me, but I'm figuring that we aren't going to do any better than him right now.

Silly debate, for me.

The ACC has not had particularly good coaches during Grobe's tenure.

grobe is an excellent coach. i know nothing about football and this is so very clear to me. the man's strategy is brilliant. we were way overmatched against FSU, ND, and Clemson this year, yet we were in every game and with a little bit better execution could have maybe won ND and easily won clemson.

had any number of single things gone our way we would have won at clemson and grobe would be ACCCOY again.

Grobe has dominated the weaker programs which are not the same every year. This is a sign of good coaching .

The question is, "can Grobe take Wake to a higher level". I think he can if he will get a new offensive co-ordinator.

Grobe can definitely take Wake to the next level. However, this will only happen if he is forced and/or decides to replace weak assistants with stronger ones. It's not difficult.

I don't want Grobe to go anywhere. He might frustrate the fuck out of me, but I'm figuring that we aren't going to do any better than him right now.

Silly debate, for me.

This. Not going to get a better hc than grobe.

Grobe has a lifetime contract in my book, but I do wish he would move our OC. We would have won 2-3 more games this year with better playcalling alone.

Grobe is a great coach! Although he annoys the piss out of me sometimes... If Grobe were to leave then we would be horrible for a long, long time.

We just can't get the quality players that other schools can because they can't make it here academically

Last edited:

Silly debate, for me.

Same way I see it. Can't imagine us getting anyone considerably better. Coaching staff however, can be upgraded.

Grobe has dominated the weaker programs which are not the same every year. This is a sign of good coaching .

The question is, "can Grobe take Wake to a higher level". I think he can if he will get a new offensive co-ordinator.

Grobe's coordinators do what he wants them to do. And they do a good job doing it.

I would do anything to keep Grobie. He is the best thing that ever happened to Wake. If we did not have him we would be like Duke.

Back