• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your Age?

Mark your Age

• teens or below

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • twenties

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • thirties

Votes: 36 20.9%
  • forties

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • fifties

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • sixties or above

Votes: 15 8.7%

• Total voters

dmcheatw

Reaction score
question has relevance for several reasons.

the anti lobo morons span all ages, if that's what you are getting at. but, perhaps not coincidentally, they all are severely lacking in football iq.

No it doesn't. I'm a thirteen year old girl in Laos if you really care.

I'm 41 and think we can do far better than Lobo.

Even our own Chris DeGeare tweeted after today's game mocking this staff.

I don't need to participate in some half-ass poll. I'll gladly tell you my thoughts. We NEED changes in assistant coaches. It's really not complicated. Until alumni and fans demand changes, this pattern will continue.

I feel for our kids who have given so much this season. They deserve better.

Most people would think the improvements in our defense and wide receiver positions over last year are obvious.

I'd like to see more of that.

the lobo question is sort of what i'm getting at. it's also just to better contextualize the general sentiment on the boards. someone who is in their 20ties would have had a decade of intelligent football watching at most. someone in their 50s would have seen and experienced much more football wise and could possibly have a more comprehensive understanding of general football related topics. of course that's not necessarily true, but at any rate i wanna know the age distribution on the board.

Yes, the defense was awesome when we gave up two 80 yard drives for TDs yet the offense had a shot at the end zone and we didn't execute. I give up. You guys are hopeless. Drive yourselves nuts... I'm out.

yeah, the dropped INTs, the missed FGs, the poor officiating...its all on the coaches.

One game is not entirely on the coaches. But, this is a pattern that has been demonstrated for a number of years. Close game situations and we completely mis-manage them.... over and over and over.

How many times do we line up on 3rd and short and hand off in a shotgun formation seven yards behind LOS? This is a great formation if you have the Green Bay Packers offensive line and Aaron Rodgers a threat to throw.

This staff simply does not adjust to in-game situations.

the lobo question is sort of what i'm getting at. it's also just to better contextualize the general sentiment on the boards. someone who is in their 20ties would have had a decade of intelligent football watching at most. someone in their 50s would have seen and experienced much more football wise and could possibly have a more comprehensive understanding of general football related topics. of course that's not necessarily true, but at any rate i wanna know the age distribution on the board.

Hard to argue with that logic. I definitely would have preferred that Grobe had hired an OC in his 50s who would have seen and experienced much more football wise instead of going with 33 year old Steed Lobotzke.

Yes, the defense was awesome when we gave up two 80 yard drives for TDs yet the offense had a shot at the end zone and we didn't execute. I give up. You guys are hopeless. Drive yourselves nuts... I'm out.

Dirk. Based upon your posts, you're at least my age or older. IMHO, you bring a ton of perspective and humor to this board. I'm discouraged when you throw up your hands and stomp off.

Dirk, no one is saying this is only on the offense. At least, I am not. I am in favor of Grobe examining both sides of the team and making adjustments as necessary.

Don't you agree that Grobe needs to examine how his staff can be refined to take Wake football to the next level?

The first assistant who should go is special teams. We might as well kick it out of bounds as all KOs are returned close to the 40. The dumbass rugby kick is a TD waiting to happen.

The coaching staff did blow several games this year.

If we lost one game in the second half, it could be fatigue or just a bad day. When it happens multiple times, it's about coaching.

Hard to argue with that logic. I definitely would have preferred that Grobe had hired an OC in his 50s who would have seen and experienced much more football wise instead of going with 33 year old Steed Lobotzke.

i didn't make a point so much as outlined a possibility. at any rate the question interests me.

i didn't make a point so much as outlined a possibility. at any rate the question interests me.

How do you plan to answer it with that poll?

How do you plan to answer it with that poll?

I'm a bit confused, answer what question? the poll is only intended to tell me about the general age make up of the forums. what you draw from that information is up to the individual. like i said before there is a possibility that older posters may know more about football, but that's just a possibility and if there is any correlation between age and football IQ or knowledge I would expect it to be weak. it would be an interesting question to explore though.

Our issue is line depth. We have outscored our opponents in the 3rd and been badly outscored in the 4th. That's depth.

I'm a bit confused, answer what question? the poll is only intended to tell me about the general age make up of the forums. what you draw from that information is up to the individual. like i said before there is a possibility that older posters may know more about football, but that's just a possibility and if there is any correlation between age and football IQ or knowledge I would expect it to be weak. it would be an interesting question to explore though.

The question that interests you. Weird to start by asking what question then end by talking about the question.

The question that interests you. Weird to start by asking what question then end by talking about the question.

i didn't know what you meant is all. it was late perhaps it was obvious i don't know.

don't read too much into the age question. i do tend to support lobo but while reading all these arguments it occurred to me i could be reading drivel from a 12 year old, or from a 60 year old ex highschool OC (to name two extremes).

I've always been interested to get whatever background I can on posters to better contextualize their posts. Like when you talk about something social science related i'm more likely to pay attention to you than when you talk about something physics related, to make an example.

I guess I am arguing a subtle point with the question though: are the regular posters on this board, regardless of where they stand, qualified to judge our OC? if there is a 50% chance that a given post is written by a 20 to 29 year old then i tend to think no, simply because they almost couldn't even have lived long enough and seen enough football.

Last edited:
i didn't know what you meant is all. it was late perhaps it was obvious i don't know.

don't read too much into the age question. i do tend to support lobo but while reading all these arguments it occurred to me i could be reading drivel from a 12 year old, or from a 60 year old ex highschool OC (to name two extremes).

I've always been interested to get whatever background I can on posters to better contextualize their posts. Like when you talk about something social science related i'm more likely to pay attention to you than when you talk about something physics related, to make an example.

I guess I am arguing a subtle point with the question though: are the regular posters on this board, regardless of where they stand, qualified to judge our OC? if there is a 50% chance that a given post is written by a 20 to 29 year old then i tend to think no, simply because they almost couldn't even have lived long enough and seen enough football.

Most people over the age of 20-29 are too jaded by Wake's old crappy football programs to make a judgement on how good Lobo is doing relative to his talent

Ageism is the laziest and easy to counter argument

Back