• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5th Quarter on TV tonight

VaDeac

Reaction score
Sorry if Haas.

On GMC, which id never heard of until now. It's channel 224 on my FIOS. At 7:00 and again at 9:00.

Appears to be a premium channel on FIOS which requires yet another subscription. Shocking.

i'm watching this right now. it's the first time i've seen it. the story is obviously moving, but the acting in this is so unbelievably bad.

i'm watching this right now. it's the first time i've seen it. the story is obviously moving, but the acting in this is so unbelievably bad.

That's because the Acting Coordinator was Lobo

Appears to be a premium channel on FIOS which requires yet another subscription. Shocking.

I've got a pretty low-tier package on FIOS, as in I don't have NFL network, but I got the movie.

And it kicked my ass - regardless of how poor the acting was.

Notwithstanding the over-acting, the opening part regarding Luke is almost too hard to watch as a parent.

for the record, i cried through a large part of that movie (i'm a chick...it's socially acceptable, right?). i certainly wasn't saying that it wasn't still an emotional and moving movie. just that the acting was pretty bad.

Why do they completely gloss over the Orange Bowl?

And the BC and FSU games - although I don't think Abbate played at FSU due to injury, so I guess I get that one.

Hey, remember the time we shut out FSU in Tally without our best defensive player?

Only caught a little of the movie tonight, but the part I saw appeared to have some extra scenes than the DVD I have.

The acting was terrible. It almost made the movie unwatchable. If I wasn't a huge Wake/Abbate fan, I don't know that i could have made it through the whole thing.

We bought the DVD, but I told my wife it would be on Lifetime soon (well not even that) so don't bother.

Clearly I'm invested in the story but the overall movie was terrible. If you were not from Wake, there is not much to it. It wasn't just the acting the script/screen play (or whatever you call it) was bad as well.

for the record, i cried through a large part of that movie (i'm a chick...it's socially acceptable, right?). i certainly wasn't saying that it wasn't still an emotional and moving movie. just that the acting was pretty bad.

In the movie theatre when it first came out, pretty much everyone was crying regardless of it being socially acceptable. It was something seeing 300+ lb football players bawling.

I watched the movie last week for the first time, and...wow. It was soooo bad. I'm a huge homer for anything Wake Forest, but I just couldn't believe how bad the movie was. The acting, the script, the way it was put together. It seemed like someone told the director/writer, "Ok you have 3 days to put this movie together. And your first draft is your final draft. Go!"

To me, the football part of the story was so important, and they just didn't give it enough importance throughout the movie. Even with the whole "5th quarter" thing. There were maybe 2 or 3 games where they showed about 3 seconds of fans holding up a "5" at the start of the 4th quarter. But to name the whole movie based on it, it just didn't make sense how little it was emphasized.

To sum it up, I was embarrassed for all the people involved in that movie (other than the Abbates themselves) because it was done so poorly.

My take has been that they tried to tell too many stories in a single movie.

It was interesting discussing the movie with a friend of mine who has no connection to Wake whatsoever. For her, the football portion "didn't seem to fit" as she (as a parent of 5) focused on the loss of the child and the life that was provided to others as a result of donating Luke's organs.

Back