• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's say Lobo takes a HC gig...

Bubbadeac

Reaction score
Who would you want, within reason, for OC??? Personally, I'd love Steve Logan...

You might as well choose from the current staff, because that's who we will get. I would think either Billings or Galloway.

Jeff Mullen is probably who we would go after and I wouldn't mind see someone like Chris Hedden as our OC. Scores A Lot of points in Toledo.

Last edited:
What the hell.... Let's go after mike leach.

Another vote for Logan. I think ECU screwed up when they got rid of him. I wouldn't even mind him as a head coach.

Just to be clear, Jim Grobe is 67-65 at Wake Forest (BCS school), and Steve Logan went 63-58 at ECU (non-BCS school). What makes you think he would be more successful here than he was at ECU?

Not trolling, just looking for rationalization behind your answer.

Just to be clear, Jim Grobe is 67-65 at Wake Forest (BCS school), and Steve Logan went 63-58 at ECU (non-BCS school). What makes you think he would be more successful here than he was at ECU?

Jim Grobe is 67-65 at Wake Forest (BCS school), and Jim Grobe went 33-33-1 at Ohio (non-BCS school).

Logan would be awesome. I'd be excited about Galloway, too. I'm sure there are plenty of smaller names out there with innovative minds. Offensive coordinator is one coaching position in football where you've got a lot of guys from varied backgrounds (not necessarily your traditional life-long footballers)

Last edited:
ECU has less talent on the team and loses to BCS teams a lot, maybe he'd have a better record with better talent.

Not trolling, just looking for rationalization behind your answer.

Just looked up Logan and Wikipedia says he went 69-58 (not 63-58) and took ECU to 5 bowl games. I don't know if he would be more successful than Grobe but I don't think there would be a huge dropoff if he took over from Grobe. Still, I'm relatively happy with Grobe as our coach.

This may not a popular opinion, but I'm all for going after a D2 guy. My family has alot of connections with Lenoir-Rhyne College in Hickory, and they are really fun to watch on offense. They average about 400 yds/game on offense. They are creative and make the most of the talent we have.

I know there is a difference in competition/skill between D2 and D1, but it seems like we are always playing teams with more skill and depth than we have. Might as well go with an up and comer who maximizes the talent he has. We might even get lucky and get the next big coach. OTOH, we might be unlucky and end up with a stinker who does things like run out of shotgun...:)

I just hope Lobo gets the job........because it's looking like that's the only way we will ever be rid of him.

And he's a good dude. And it is never a bad thing for Wake coordinators to get head coaching jobs elsewhere.

Jim Grobe is 67-65 at Wake Forest (BCS school), and Jim Grobe went 33-33-1 at Ohio (non-BCS school).

Logan would be awesome. I'd be excited about Galloway, too. I'm sure there are plenty of smaller names out there with innovative minds. Offensive coordinator is one coaching position in football where you've got a lot of guys from varied backgrounds (not necessarily your traditional life-long footballers)

Alright, so if Logan improved along the same lines of Coach Grobe, then he would be slightly better than Grobe (maybe 2-3 games over the same span).

I just hope Lobo gets the job........because it's looking like that's the only way we will ever be rid of him.

Lobo may be a good head coach and he certainly deserves a shot. Let's hope that he really gets his shot. Grobe has got to get him to move on ...it's time for a change there no doubt.

Logan would be a great OC if we had an opening and could get him.

In soimething as logical as Lobo getting a HC gig. I think i'll challenge Usain Bolt in the 200M in London.

Are Tanya Harding and her buds available?

In soimething as logical as Lobo getting a HC gig. I think i'll challenge Usain Bolt in the 200M in London.

Are Tanya Harding and her buds available?

Coordinator success does not necessarily mean HC success, and the inverse is also true. Lobo could get an HC job as a result of being part of Grobe's system which is very successful for schools with frequent talent deficits (especially service academies). The fact that his name keeps popping up means there is a chance.

Back