• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why the Hell Didn't I Choose to be an NFL Announcer?

ONW

Reaction score
Chris Collinsworth:

"when he gets his hands away from the ball, he's one of the best receivers in the league".

maybe you should have chosen to be an nfl player to lead into your announcing career?

I like a Collinsworth. That comment was stupid, but he is as good as anyone in the biz at NFL color commentary.

Seriously. A play ends, and you wind up just waiting for the sandpaper of Collinsworth's overdramatic opinion of the play.

I'm not gonna deny it, I walk around with hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pocket...I like girls that aren't too bright because you can trick 'em a little bit...high school girls love me. Fourteen to eighteen, I'm a big star with them. As soon as they mature, after they turn 18 years old, they start to figure it out. - Cris Collinsworth

cris_collinsworth_is_wooderson.jpg

I like Collinsworth more now than when he first started on SNF. Al Michaels is one of - if not the best - play-by-play guys. To me, they are the best NFL tandem right now. They are one of the few announcers that add to the broadcast, IMO.

Tirico is good, but I think the entire MNF production is inferior to SNF.

Am I the only one who can't stand Tirico? Not that he's an idiot or anything, he just doesn't have a good broadcasters voice. Musberger, Lundquist, Keith Jackson, Michaels, and Nessler sound like football. Tirico just doesn't and it bothers me.

I actually like Tirico. His knowledge of the game is as good as you can get in a play-by-play guy. He'll often quickly realize things most announcers will miss out on entirely

Am I the only one who can't stand Tirico? Not that he's an idiot or anything, he just doesn't have a good broadcasters voice. Musberger, Lundquist, Keith Jackson, Michaels, and Nessler sound like football. Tirico just doesn't and it bothers me.

Tirico is up there with Stuart Scott as one of the biggest douches in sports broadcasting

He makes me want to listen to Dick Vitale announce a Duke home game.

Tirico is up there with Stuart Scott as one of the biggest douches in sports broadcasting

Actually Tirico is one of the game's nicest and most unassuming people. He's as nice and as easy going as anyone could ever be.

George: Maybe I could be like, an announcer. Like a color man. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.

Jerry: Yeah. Yeah. You make good comments.

George: What about that?

Jerry: Well, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are, you know, in broadcasting.

George: Well, that's really not fair.

Actually Tirico is one of the game's nicest and most unassuming people. He's as nice and as easy going as anyone could ever be.

You must have never read the sexual harrassment complaints against him.

I like Collinsworth more now than when he first started on SNF. Al Michaels is one of - if not the best - play-by-play guys. To me, they are the best NFL tandem right now. They are one of the few announcers that add to the broadcast, IMO.

Tirico is good, but I think the entire MNF production is inferior to SNF.

It's supposed to be. NBC pays to have THE marquee game.

Back