• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We're heading down to the wire..

Bubbadeac

Reaction score
where is lectro??? Just saw a thread about next year's O-Line and no lectro comment...Where, oh where is lectro???

But the Oracle predicted we would win everything!

How could he have been wrong? He was the Oracle!

Uh, I think he predicted a winning record, a bowl appearance, and a split between FSU and Clemson...

I only remember because I thought it was ridiculous to predict a winning season after the debacle of last year and I disagreed in with him in the prediction thread...

I thought he predicted an ~5 win season this year when he actually gave a prediction, w/ the real noise being made next year. But I could be wrong, and I'm way too lazy to look it up.

I was talking about his modified predictions after the FSU wins.

I'm also too lazy to look it up, though I'm sure whenever he sees this he'll post all of his predictions, because God knows he has them cataloged and ready.

Uh, I think he predicted a winning record, a bowl appearance, and a split between FSU and Clemson...

I only remember because I thought it was ridiculous to predict a winning season after the debacle of last year and I disagreed in with him in the prediction thread...

I thought he predicted an ~5 win season this year when he actually gave a prediction, w/ the real noise being made next year. But I could be wrong, and I'm way too lazy to look it up.

He also predicted .500 on another thread from what I recall. It appears he made multiple predictions throughout the year. It's yet to be determined which of them will be used to prove his oracleness next season.

I was hoping he would stop back by, as I've been meaning to find out at what point a prediction makes you a "real" fan and not just a bandwagon fan like me. If .500 makes you a real fan, when what does 1 game under 500 make you? How about a prediction of a national championship? Obviously those are the best fans of all, right? Is there a chart somewhere that I can lookup what prediction I need to make for next year in order to be a real fan? Or should I just keep showing up to games and cheering for the team as a bandwagon fan? #somanyquestions :willynilly:

Last edited:
From the Prognostications thread:

The Deacs will be at least a .500 team this year and will make a serious run at the ACC Championship in 2012.

This season sees a total of 14 RS SR's playing significant minutes. About the same number of RS JR's will play significant roles as well.

4 RS SR's likely starting on D and 5 on offense bodes well.

Strong JR and SR class representation is what Grobe looks for and every one of these guys will contribute either on the two deep or on special teams (John Stamper as an example)

I look for the offense to be much improved with Tanner much more comfortable and a running back who can keep the pass rush honest.

--- This number of veterans is a good place to bring in your Soph and rs FR classes into the mix.

This is the season where the chart line begins to ascend again and look, if you want to fall over yourself about FSU and Notre Dame...go ahead --- in FSU's opener E.J. Manuel is going to get knocked out for the season and Brian Kelly ain't hitting on Shit. Those two teams are the most overhyped this season and will be 2 of the bigger disappointments. Clemson has no qb --spare me Tahj Boyd...that kid is no Tyrod Taylor. His accuracy sucks.

Do you all really think it's a coincidence that Lectro disappears at the start of the Carolina Basketball season?

"The Deacs will be at least a .500 team this year and will make a serious run at the ACC Championship in 2012."

That's almost exactly where we stand right now, unless we really fuck it up and lose to MD and Vandy.

"The Deacs will be at least a .500 team this year and will make a serious run at the ACC Championship in 2012."

That's almost exactly where we stand right now, unless we really fuck it up and lose to MD and Vandy.

At least a .500 team is fairly open-ended, and we haven't even played 2012 yet...otherwise, spot on. :thumbsup:

I'm just saying, at worst we are likely to be a .500 team this season. We got some bad breaks and execution against two very good teams in ND and Clemson.

It's not that open ended, he's basically saying our bottom this season was to finish with 6 wins, w/ potential for more if things go our way. They obviously haven't lately.

And we have a ridiculously weak schedule next year w/ a lot of returning talent (that really almost made a run at the ACC championship this year).

Not the least bit surprising given his history of jumping ship in past seasons when things got tough.

You guys are so anxious to shit on Lectro when he's not here during our losing streaks. Maybe he subscribes to the philosophy "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" when it comes to our team. Not every fan has to get on a message board and bitch and vent when things start going south.

I get that he's a divisive figure and he's overly antagonistic towards the more "realistic" posters 'round these parts, but calling him out on a thread like this is just dumb.

Some other solid predictions in that thread:

Heavy Petter: Deacs finish last
PhDeac: Defense and Tanner sophomore slump we keep losing .500 makes you a homer
DeacFan: .500 or better
PhilliesDeacs: Wake won't sniff .500 anyone who thinks so is an idiot
DCDeac: not quite .500 but better
JayBone: 6-6 or 7-5
Numbers: 4 wins would be great, FSU will be incredible, 7-5 gets Grobe COY
MebaneDeac: bad again next year
JamesDA: 7-5
DeaconSlim: No WAY we finish .500

I get that he's a divisive figure and he's overly antagonistic towards the more "realistic" posters 'round these parts, but calling him out on a thread like this is just dumb.

When his entire shtick is calling out other posters as being "bandwagon", it's only natural that his disappearance EVERY season when we lose a couple of games in a row would go noticed.

Not posting on a message board != quitting as a fan though. That's kind of a weird jump.

When his entire shtick is calling out other posters as being "bandwagon", it's only natural that his disappearance EVERY season when we lose a couple of games in a row would go noticed.

This. He deserves every bit of shit he gets for his disappearing act.

Some other solid predictions in that thread:

Heavy Petter: Deacs finish last
PhDeac: Defense and Tanner sophomore slump we keep losing .500 makes you a homer
DeacFan: .500 or better
PhilliesDeacs: Wake won't sniff .500 anyone who thinks so is an idiot
DCDeac: not quite .500 but better
JayBone: 6-6 or 7-5
Numbers: 4 wins would be great, FSU will be incredible, 7-5 gets Grobe COY
MebaneDeac: bad again next year
JamesDA: 7-5
DeaconSlim: No WAY we finish .500
:plos:

Back