• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Presidents Cup

Tin Cup

Reaction score
Been 16 years since 2 Deacons played and 3 were involved on a US team. Pumped to watch this in primetime each night starting on Wednesday. Practice round groups for the USA today:

Group 1: Furyk, Mickelson, Toms, Kuchar
Group 2: Tiger, Stricker, DJ, Mahan
Group 3: Bubba, Webb, Watney, Haas

I heard on the radio that Couples called Webb to ask who he wanted to play with and the first player he listed was Bubba.

I heard on the radio that Couples called Webb to ask who he wanted to play with and the first player he listed was Bubba.

That makes sense. Bubba is pretty religious too if I remember correctly. They don't play very similar games though. I know Stricker and Woods will be partnered up a lot but I think Haas and Tiger would be pretty good together.

I think Toms/Watney would be a good team because they are both intense guys.

Been 16 years since 2 Deacons played and 3 were involved on a US team. Pumped to watch this in primetime each night starting on Wednesday. Practice round groups for the USA today:

Group 1: Furyk, Mickelson, Toms, Kuchar
Group 2: Tiger, Stricker, DJ, Mahan
Group 3: Bubba, Webb, Watney, Haas

Starts Wednesday in prime Time. Who will carry the broadcasts.....Golf Channel?

Or you could partner Watney and Haas together and confuse the Internationals since they look alike.

Bill+Haas+Nick+Watney+140th+Open+Championship+E7ZKcmNCOXml.jpg

Starts Wednesday in prime Time. Who will carry the broadcasts.....Golf Channel?

THE PRESIDENTS CUP BROADCAST TIMES
DOMESTIC US NETWORKS (all times ET)
Wednesday, November 16 9 p.m.-2 a.m. (GOLF / live coverage)
Thursday, November 17 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (GOLF / tape-delayed)
7:30 p.m.-2 a.m. (GOLF / live coverage)
Friday, November 18 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (GOLF / tape-delayed)
3 p.m.-2 a.m. (GOLF / live coverage)
Saturday, November 19 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (NBC / tape-delayed)
6:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. (GOLF / live coverage)
Sunday, November 20 12-6 p.m. (NBC / tape-delayed)

Or you could partner Watney and Haas together and confuse the Internationals since they look alike.

Bill+Haas+Nick+Watney+140th+Open+Championship+E7ZKcmNCOXml.jpg

Need to get Chris Kirk on the team and pair him with Webb.

This may be a terrible thing to say, but I hope every golfer Stevie caddies for never makes the cut in any event.

I don't know how much longer Adam Scott will let Stevie run his mouth before he decides that he doesn't want to be associated with a character like him.

You're a caddy stevie, you make 10% of the winnings because you do 10% of the work. Know your place.

This may be a terrible thing to say, but I hope every golfer Stevie caddies for never makes the cut in any event.

I don't know how much longer Adam Scott will let Stevie run his mouth before he decides that he doesn't want to be associated with a character like him.

You're a caddy stevie, you make 10% of the winnings because you do 10% of the work. Know your place.

10% of the work? He does about .01% of the work.

Some Tiger/DJ speculation today on the GC coverage.

I seem to remember a lot of CP3 tweets talking about playing golf with Webb and Bubba, so fairly sure they play together alot

Couple things on that. He said this crap before China. So, it's old news. But he's still an asshole.

And Stevie should talk to some of the guys paired with Woods last week about his ball striking and short game. They were very impressed.

Doesn't mean anything but I definitely have not discounted Woods' chances at catching and passing Nicklaus. Not yet.

Boys going out in first two groups you all called it:

Watson/Simpson vs els/ishikawa
Haas/watney vs oglivey/swartzel

Boys going out in first two groups you all called it:

Watson/Simpson vs els/ishikawa
Haas/watney vs oglivey/swartzel

Watson/Simpson should roll... that second match is a big question mark.

Back