• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any chance Coach Galloway might leave for...

siff

Scott "Rufio" Feather
Reaction score
the opening at Western Carolina? I sure hope not, but it's his alma mater. Their coach abruptly resigned this weekend after being torched by App. From what I've heard, it was an ugly departure. I understand that it's FCS, not FBS, but who knows...if he has interest in a HC job (which I'm sure he does) AND he sees an opportunity - who knows.

Well, that would figure.

They'd be idiots not to offer.

Lonnie

Hasn't had the depth yet to be HC. WCU needs to get someone who had been an OC. Maybe someone who likes the mtns, went to college and played in the mtns (say in CO), and has experience in NC.

Hasn't had the depth yet to be HC. WCU needs to get someone who had been an OC. Maybe someone who likes the mtns, went to college and played in the mtns (say in CO), and has experience in NC.

At least someone with close to 10 years experience as a coordinator in a BCS conference.

It's a dead end job too - pretty short sighted of him to go back out there. Much better to work your way up as an assistant in D1-A...

It's a dead end job too - pretty short sighted of him to go back out there. Much better to work your way up as an assistant in D1-A...

Probably would not be if he were to win like Jerry Moore.

but that would be very difficult. tough to recruit...

WCU had the first field turf that I had ever seen; however. Not a bad campus, just out in the middle of nowhere....

i don't think WCU will even have a football program in 5 years. They have been terrible for decades. They need to move the funds to baseball, bball, and soccer and get good at those sports.

as mentioned, Western is a dead end school with very little chance of being competitive. They are the Duke (as far as football futility goes) of the Southern Conference, I can only remember one year that Western was decent (I follow Southern Conference football b/c my dad played at Furman and we went to a lot of games when I was little) and that was in the mid-early 90s, which, consequently, was the last time Duke was decent

i don't think WCU will even have a football program in 5 years. They have been terrible for decades. They need to move the funds to baseball, bball, and soccer and get good at those sports.

You must know something that I don't know about the Board of Trustees, then, because the trustees that I know seem committed to the notion that a university has a football team.

I know it's his alma mater and all but that would be a dumb move especially with his resume. He would be better off applying at a high school powerhouse in FL.

We just had a coordinator leave to be a head coach with no team. Sure this is possible for any of our staff.

Well, whatever the chances, I hope he stays and moves up on the staff.

However, I am a bit puzzled over the failure to use Davis and Dembry over the past few games, especially Saturday.

It would help relax some of the coverage on Givens if we spread the passes around a bit more, IMO.

You must know something that I don't know about the Board of Trustees, then, because the trustees that I know seem committed to the notion that a university has a football team.

I don't really know anything about the trustees. I'm just guessing. They don't have to have football in the SOCON to keep other sports in the SOCON (see Davidson, UNCG). Football has to be losing them money big time. Seems like they could spend the money in better places. But then where would that 500 person band play.

Back