• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Here's a reason not to run the QB sneak...

I had to look up lisfranc. This is a stock photo btw, not his:
l-medcell-xray6.jpg

Hear that sound? It's the Texan's season taking a total nosedive.

267679d1304049142-hindenburg-disaster-photograph-may-1937-hindenburg.gif

Schaub got Haynesworth'd again. Three of the four times he's been hurt in his career have come from Fat Albert. Two were late hit/low blows, and the the fourth time he got hurt was a late hit from Jared Allen.

Awesome.

The Texans haven't been winning with QB play, they've been doing it with the best OL in the league and the best defense in the league. As long as Leinart doesn't shit the bed, the Texans can still win the division.

Schaub got Haynesworth'd again. Three of the four times he's been hurt in his career have come from Fat Albert. Two were late hit/low blows, and the the fourth time he got hurt was a late hit from Jared Allen.

Awesome.

The Texans haven't been winning with QB play, they've been doing it with the best OL in the league and the best defense in the league. As long as Leinart doesn't shit the bed, the Texans can still win the division.

Man, I wouldn't want to have to trust Matt Leinart to save my team.

No doubt, but seemed like all the pieces were in place for the Texans to do something really special this year. Damn shame

The Texans fan base feels much like Wake's. You always hope this will be the year, and it always spirals out of control with gut wrenching losses by a play here or there.

To be the #1 team in the AFC and in FO's DVOA rankings after 10 weeks, and then to fall apart and miss the playoffs would be a Little Old Houston Texans move.

Man, I wouldn't want to have to trust Matt Leinart to save my team.

Leinart will have to throw like 10 passes a game. We'll easily win the division. But our hopes of a playoff run are seriously diminished.

And to think I was looking forward to Andre Johnson returning on my fantasy team.
Oh well.

No doubt, but seemed like all the pieces were in place for the Texans to do something really special this year. Damn shame

This is basically my sentiment. Little Ol' Houston Texans is right. It seems like some teams get all the good breaks (Steelers) and the Texans consistently have some catastrophic injury or back-breaking play (like the hail mary deflection-turned-touchdown in the Tennessee game last year).

And to think I was looking forward to Andre Johnson returning on my fantasy team.
Oh well.

Meh, I actually think Leinart will be fine. Hell, I'm not even convinced Schaub is that fantastic of a QB. The Texans just don't ask much of their quarterbacks in the current system. Most of the throws the QB makes are simply roll-out play action plays where you have the receiver deep, Owen Daniels short, or Arian Foster leaking out back across the field. It's not a particularly complicated structure.

I hope you are right bc I have no other real options, but Leinart couldn't throw to LFitz...

Schaub is a better than average quarterback who has the best play fake move in the league and is fairly accurate. If Matt-2 can make a few good throws and keep the safeties honest with a good play fake, the other D won't be able to cheat on the run as much. Texans are a running team...but it's the passing threat that makes them one.
Predict they'll make playoffs, win first and lose in 2nd round.

All depends on whether Leinart has improved from his first go-around.

Whoa. Such insight.:plos:

Fuck off.

Really is just that simple. If he still sucks, Texans are done unless they can run the Broncos offense and complete 2 passes and win.

Most QBs improve in their first few years in the league, so maybe he's become passable and they'll still be decent.

I remember when someone on this board said the Texans were terrible, so forgive me if I feel the obvious is still worth mentioning here. Some of you are just terrifically stupid.

So back to the point...still want Price running the QB sneak at every opportunity?

Guess who backs up Leinhart now?...T.J. Yates.

Yes....that T.J. Yates. Wow.

Schaub is a better than average quarterback who has the best play fake move in the league and is fairly accurate. If Matt-2 can make a few good throws and keep the safeties honest with a good play fake, the other D won't be able to cheat on the run as much. Texans are a running team...but it's the passing threat that makes them one.
Predict they'll make playoffs, win first and lose in 2nd round.

I think this is correct. Wish we still had Sage Rosenfels now...

Fuck off.

Really is just that simple. If he still sucks, Texans are done unless they can run the Broncos offense and complete 2 passes and win.

Most QBs improve in their first few years in the league, so maybe he's become passable and they'll still be decent.

I remember when someone on this board said the Texans were terrible, so forgive me if I feel the obvious is still worth mentioning here. Some of you are just terrifically stupid.

So back to the point...still want Price running the QB sneak at every opportunity?

Because one QB in the NFL is now lost for the season? The ratio of QB sneaks to serious injuries is pretty low.

Back