• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS

DiegoTiger

Reaction score
They aren't really going to let Houston in are they? At least Boise had UGA and TCU on the schedule, and played in a better conference. I will be annoyed if two of the BCS games feature Cincy and Houston.

Houston has to get through the rest of their schedule first to be considered.

I'm bothered by the fact that we are an OSU choke job away from seeing a rematch of a regular season game for the national championship.

I'm rooting for one of 2 things:

LSU and OSU winning out

Arkansas beating LSU

I'm bothered by the fact that we are an OSU choke job away from seeing a rematch of a regular season game for the national championship.

I'm rooting for one of 2 things:

LSU and OSU winning out

Arkansas beating LSU

Would you rather see a team playing for the title that got beat at home by Texas Tech than see a regular season rematch?

Houston has to get through the rest of their schedule first to be considered.

Which they most likely will.....their only tough game was a close victory over a lower level pac 12 team (ucla)

It's just annoying. I really look forward to the BCS bowls, because you get to see the elites of the conferences battle it out. I have no interest in watching Houston get steam rolled by Bama. Give that game to an at large from the Pac/B1G/ACC.

Obviously a lot still needs to be figured out, but while LSU has Arkansas and UGA before they punch their ticket, Houston has SMU and some other irrelevant cusa team. Houston is gonna fuck up one of the BCS bowls....

Would you rather see a team playing for the title that got beat at home by Texas Tech than see a regular season rematch?

Let's watch Oregon/Bama for the MNC! Someone tell LSU and OSU to go ahead and lose.

I have no interest in watching Houston get steam rolled by Bama.

You mean like Utah 31, Alabama 17?

Teams from outside the BCS AQ conferences are 4-1 against AQ conference members (Boise and TCU played each other one year).

Last edited:

Good point.

It's very possible that an Arkansas win over LSU (and subsequent win over UGA in the SEC championship) would vault them over OU.

I wonder how much Clemson fans are hating that GT game right about now...

Let's watch Oregon/Bama for the MNC! Someone tell LSU and OSU to go ahead and lose.

If the regular season is truly a playoff, how would you deny Houston their shot if they're the only undefeated team?

Good point.

It's very possible that an Arkansas win over LSU (and subsequent win over UGA in the SEC championship) would vault them over OU.

I wonder how much Clemson fans are hating that GT game right about now...

Would have to be Arkansas/Oregon then, because Ark/Bama already happened as well.

Running out of matchups here. :)

You mean like Utah 31, Alabama 17?

Teams from outside the BCS AQ conferences are 4-1 against AQ conference members (Boise and TCU played each other one year).

I knew this one was coming. A better comparison would be the Hawaii team that got smashed.....

Would have to be Arkansas/Oregon then, because Ark/Bama already happened as well.

Running out of matchups here. :)

We are so fucked...

How about this one...

Arkansas beats LSU and loses to UGA
Auburn upsets Alabama

We get OSU vs Oregon?

Even better - assume the above but Oregon shits the bed in the civil war.

An ACC team in the national title game?

I knew this one was coming. A better comparison would be the Hawaii team that got smashed.....

Not sure how you'd make that determination.

CUSA this year is a lot better league than the WAC was or has been. And they're gonna have to get through a top 25 team to win the league.

Not sure how you'd make that determination.

CUSA this year is a lot better league than the WAC was or has been. And they're gonna have to get through a top 25 team to win the league.

Wow, one top 25 team and a squeaker against UCLA! Id be happy to bet you whatever you choose on Houston vs Bama in the BCS.

I still remember the "well, Alabama was disappointed about not playing for the national title" excuse that was thrown out for that game. Utah blasted that Alabama team.

If they win out, no reason Houston shouldn't get a BCS game. None at all.

I wouldn't want to see West Virginia play them at all. Would need 60 to win.

Pretty much what everyone was saying about Utah.

Well if Houston had played Michigan, TCU, BYU, and Oregon St this year, like Utah did the year they beat Bama, than I might be singing a different tune.

Like I said....Hawaii is the better comparison.

Well if Houston had played Michigan, TCU, BYU, and Oregon St this year, like Utah did the year they beat Bama, than I might be singing a different tune.

Like I said....Hawaii is the better comparison.

Or is it Boise when they played Oklahoma?

I don't care, really. The system loses all integrity if you deny them, and it's a moot point because if they win out, they're going to be there.

I think LSU is a lock if they make it to the SEC CG, regardless of if they win or not (see OU in 2003). Their resume is impressive enough. I also think they will steamroll Arkansas, who is overrated. I think they'll likely steamroll their opponent in the BCS CG too.

It is going to be VERY interesting to see how things pan out and the spin doctors spin if OU wins out and beats OSU in Stillwater. There is not a clamoring from fans or voters for a rematch with Oregon or Bama, and it wouldn't really be fair to LSU to give them one either, even though they will be playing a virtual home game in New Orleans. OU, however, has by far the worst loss of the bunch at home to a crappy Taco Tech team. Strangely, it could help them though, as voters tend to chalk it up as an anomaly. The computers don't like the loss, but the computers like the Big XII. Personally, I don't think OU will win out without Broyles so it may be a moot point. It will be interesting to see how their offense performs in the next few weeks without him. He has always been a crutch for Landry Jones.

Back