• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA LAX player hits cyclist with car...

Well, this happened at 6:30 last night so the player hasn't been identified and charges are pending against the player but nothing further was said.

Dom Starsia has had a bit of heat on him recently because the UVA team really lives up to the LAX bro image and people were of the opinion that he didn't have control of the team.

He cracked down a little bit last season by dismissing Shamel Bratton and suspending his twin brother Rhamel.

Charlottesville

For any of you who have spent anytime driving around Charlottesville, I would say that this is not terribly surprising. The hills and curves and blind roads of that town always scare the crap out of me. I feel like I would want to wear full body armor if I were going to be on a bike riding around that town.

Well, this happened at 6:30 last night so the player hasn't been identified and charges are pending against the player but nothing further was said.

Dom Starsia has had a bit of heat on him recently because the UVA team really lives up to the LAX bro image and people were of the opinion that he didn't have control of the team.

He cracked down a little bit last season by dismissing Shamel Bratton and suspending his twin brother Rhamel.

Nice.

For any of you who have spent anytime driving around Charlottesville, I would say that this is not terribly surprising. The hills and curves and blind roads of that town always scare the crap out of me. I feel like I would want to wear full body armor if I were going to be on a bike riding around that town.

Also, the students are morons and just expect that the cars will stop for them.

At 6:30 I imagine it's fairly dark there as well. The sun is certainly setting. And he's not wearing a helmet? Terrible decisions.

At 6:30 I imagine it's fairly dark there as well. The sun is certainly setting. And he's not wearing a helmet? Terrible decisions.

Sunset is 5:02 PM and dusk lasts till about 5:30 PM in Charlelottesville according to Google...it's totally dark at 6:30.

what's up?

p1.big.ben.getty.jpg

I hit a girl on a bike in Tempe. She was riding between the sidewalk and my car when the bike lane was to the left.

I hope the person at UVA is ok but if you visit any larger college campus you see how this could happen to any driver.

There's a stoplight at the intersection where this happened, so I'd be curious to know what went on.

I know here in Gainesville, there are a ton of cyclists and they follow the rules of cars when it suits them and the rules of pedestrians when that suits them.

There's a stoplight at the intersection where this happened, so I'd be curious to know what went on.

I know here in Gainesville, there are a ton of cyclists and they follow the rules of cars when it suits them and the rules of pedestrians when that suits them.

This is what I have a problem with.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Cyclist_Hit_By_SUV_Roads_Closed_133847743.html

Apparently, a 4th Year lacrosse player hit a cyclist that wasn't wearing a helmet and the cyclist is in critical condition.

I'm interested to hear the rest of this story.

i can't believe people still ride without helmets. in charlotte alone we have had several deaths this year from people in bike accidents (to be fair, i think all of the cyclists have been wearing helmets. but if i were putting myself in harm's way just by riding in the first place, i'd like the deck stacked in my favor). this weekend was the charlotte marathon, and i had a bunch of friends who were out on bikes watching the race. one of them wasn't wearing a helmet and i asked him about it. he's usually a mountain biker, and he goes "i suppose i should be wearing one, even though i'm on the roads." every part of me wanted to scream that he should be wearing one BECAUSE he's on the roads. i just don't get why people aren't more cautious around cars.

This is a legit question as I didn't go to HS in the DC area. But has a single bro graduated from Landon that wasn't a complete delta-bravo? That place seems like the worst.

My Wake roommate went to Landon and he's a good guy. Played baseball though, not lax.

According to the most recent update, alcohol was not a factor.

Back