• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny O'Brien (MD QB) out for season

bernbp5

Reaction score
@D1scourse
Patrick Stevens
Edsall says Danny O'Brien will miss the rest of the season with a broken bone "in his upper arm"

Facing CJ Brown. Really need to stack the line and force him to throw the ball. He can run, but can't throw at all.

We pretty much need to designate Jackson or Olsen as a spy and have him sit on Brown all day.

Last edited:
we always play terribly against backups. see: Navy and BC from a few years ago and FSU when they didn't have Ponder.

we always play terribly against backups. see: Navy and BC from a few years ago and FSU when they didn't have Ponder.

Counterexample: FSU this season and Navy once Curry knocked the QB out.

Sports talk radio here called him more one-dimensional than O'Brien. All he can do is run.

Sports talk radio here called him more one-dimensional than O'Brien. All he can do is run.

This is true. Has decent speed, but his throws are worse than Tebow.

We need not help the Terps discover their new phenom starting QB, we have a way of making stars- lets make him see stars and get after him.

Looks like a lot of us had the same thought at the same time. :)

Maybe I'm missremembering, but didn't he play very well in one game this year? The back up, I mean.

We need not help the Terps discover their new phenom starting QB, we have a way of making stars- lets make him see stars and get after him.

similar to the "somebody scores their career high against Wake" phenomenon in BB

Maybe I'm missremembering, but didn't he play very well in one game this year? The back up, I mean.

played very well vs Clemson. throwing for 177 yards, with 3 tds 1 pick, only 48.6 completition percentage, running for 126 yards. That's the only game he has thrown for over 100 yards though, and hasn't rushed for 36 yards since Clemson.

Interesting development....rumor on the street is O'Brien wants to transfer to SC as he does not fit Edsall's system. But it sucks to hear that he is now out for the season with an injury. Not trying to flame here, so take it for what it's worth.

Interesting development....rumor on the street is O'Brien wants to transfer to SC as he does not fit Edsall's system. But it sucks to hear that he is now out for the season with an injury. Not trying to flame here, so take it for what it's worth.

it's been widely rumored he was transferring after this year for awhile. redshirt sophmore, but will graduate this year, so he shouldn't have to sit out. what year is shaw?

it's been widely rumored he was transferring after this year for awhile. redshirt sophmore, but will graduate this year, so he shouldn't have to sit out. what year is shaw?

Shaw is a true SOPH. I don't think transferring to SC makes sense (square peg, round hole), but I've been wrong before.

Shaw is a true SOPH. I don't think transferring to SC makes sense (square peg, round hole), but I've been wrong before.

yeah, assuming MD blocks all ACC transfers, hard to find a spot. PSU would have made sense, but not sure he goes there now. Maybe Michigan unless they get a good QB recruit. Maybe Ole Miss or Miss St?

If MD doesn't block, BC is probably his best option.

Vanderbilt's two terrible QBs are a junior and a senior. If he goes anywhere, he's following his former offensive coordinator and going there.

I've also heard this rumor from someone close to the East Forsyth program, however O'Brien is a RS Soph. So unless he could get a 6th year he'd only have one year of FBS eligiblity left.

It may not be the worst thing to transfer to a top-level FCS program.

Back