• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Spice Classic

DeaconCav06

Dickie Hemric
Reaction score
Just realized that the Deacs play in Orlando during Thanksgiving week. Is anybody planning on going to any of the games?

I already told my parents that I'm leaving on Friday to come back to Gainesville, I'm thinking maybe this might be my only chance to get to a game this season.

Yeah. I'll be there for Thursday and Sunday, maybe Friday.

I love their preview of our team...

WAKE FOREST
Nickname: Demon Deacons
Conference: Atlantic Coast
2010-11 Record: 8-24

Better days should be ahead in Year 2 of the Jeff [Redacted] era at Wake Forest, as the Demon Deacons return four of their top five scorers, including sophomores Travis McKie, the team’s leading scorer and member of the ACC All-Freshman Team, and sharpshooting two-guard J.T. Terrell; and juniors C.J. Harris and Ari Stewart. Wake has a pair of 7-foot shot-blockers in sophomore Carson Desrosiers and senior center Ty Walker, the conference’s second-leading shot-blocker in ’10-11.

No Ari
No JTT

I love their preview of our team...

WAKE FOREST
Nickname: Demon Deacons
Conference: Atlantic Coast
2010-11 Record: 8-24

Better days should be ahead in Year 2 of the Jeff [Redacted] era at Wake Forest, as the Demon Deacons return four of their top five scorers, including sophomores Travis McKie, the team’s leading scorer and member of the ACC All-Freshman Team, and sharpshooting two-guard J.T. Terrell; and juniors C.J. Harris and Ari Stewart. Wake has a pair of 7-foot shot-blockers in sophomore Carson Desrosiers and senior center Ty Walker, the conference’s second-leading shot-blocker in ’10-11.

No Ari
No JTT

And no Ty for these games. Just a lot of fail in that preview.

Going on Friday, can't do Thursday, unsure about Sunday. Got an email from WFU advertising 1/2 price tickets ($10 instead of $20).

ETA: Relevant text portion of Wake e-mail message:

This is a great opportunity to give Wake Forest a home court advantage, right here in Florida. Disney Sports is pleased to offer Wake Forest alumni 50% off the price of single session tickets. To purchase the half priced tickets, for just $10 each, go to www.ticketmaster.com and enter "Old Spice Classic" in the search box. You will then enter the special offer code – support, when purchasing your tickets.

For more information and the tournament bracket, please visit www.oldspiceclassic.com

If you plan on attending, all tickets are general seating. Please wear your black and gold and look for other Wake Forest fans wearing their Wake Forest attire.

Last edited:
That preview was probably written in 5 minutes, last May.

I can't even find ticket info on the official WFU tickets site.

I happen to be in FL for Thanksgiving week and the week after, and could get there, but can I find any information? NOOOOOO.

i may be there on Friday night with a couple other Deacs but not sure yet. spending thanksgiving in tampa and this will probably be my only chances to see the Deacs live this year since we don't play at FSU so hopefully it works out.

While everyone else is watching football and trying to digest their turkey, we will be on ESPN 2 playing against Dayton, who by the way lost to Miami (OH) last night in overtime.

I have some friends who are Dayton Flyers fans. They are about as down on their team and new coach right now as we were last year. They want to beat us badly, but fear we will destroy them on Thanksgiving.

There is also a rumor on their board that this is getting bumped to regular ESPN. Not sure if true or not. Again, they are a delusional bunch.

Did they originally have ESPN programming for that day?

What do you mean? I think this has always been scheduled for ESPN 2. Some of the other Old Spice games are on ESPN. We may be on ESPN on Friday depending on the time slot I believe.

We're winning this tournament, fellas. Mark it down. Bzzz adds a trophy to the case.

Back