• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chances on Grobe to Penn State?

berneses

Reaction score
Any chance that Coach goes to Penn State after this year. I would imagine they would want to clean house so he could bring in all his assistants. It wouldn't shock me if this happened.

Yeah, I went ahead and edited that thread title so not to give people heart attacks.

Done deal. Who do we get now? :willynilly:

Any chance that Coach goes to Penn State after this year. I would imagine they would want to clean house so he could bring in all his assistants. It wouldn't shock me if this happened.

It's the one job at a big time power where it's completely plausible that he could coach for another 10-15 years if he's successful.

Depends on the punishment and stigma.

Caldwell will be out of a job soon. Maybe he can go back home to Happy Valley.

no one related to that program has a chance of getting the job. I could see them coming after Grobe, he is squeky clean, and would fit in with that community. They are not about flash, media darlings. They are blue collar, hard nosed. Also for Jum this is one of the jobs that would allow him to maintain his current way of living, and actually have a chance to win a national championship.

Seriously?

Sure, why not? He's been an assistant there forever and he built a really good defense that is the best part of that team. There's no doubting his qualifications as he was obviously the most qualified guy on the staff whane Paterno was dismissed and probably would have gotten the job soon anyway. He had nothing to do with the scandal.

It's also a no-lose situation for the administration. If he wins, great. He's showed that Penn State is bigger than the scandal. If he loses, make a clean break and start over. It's the same strategy that Penn State would have had if Paterno had keeled over and died anyway.

I'll also remind you that Penn State currently has no President or Athletic Director, so there's no one there to competently lead a coaching search or make the commensurate promises to a candidate.

As long as Bradley doesn't totally screw up the rest of the season, the job is his. He needs to get rid of Jay Paterno though. That guy sucks.

No way Grobe goes to PSU. They will look for a much younger guy. Higher profile

Sure, why not? He's been an assistant there forever

And this is the entire problem.

There would be nothing at all wrong with Bradley if not for this.

Board of Trustees will hire out a search firm to assist with the search which they themselves will lead. That would be my guess.

Grobe will probably be in the conversation, but not sure if he'll eventually be the guy. I think they can probably find someone with a clean record that has a little more upside.

Grobe to PSU? You guys are smoking some good shit.

Agreed, don't see it happening. Even less so since we lost @ Clemson. Two trips to the ACC championship game/Orange Bowl in 6 years would have been a much easier sell to PSU fans.

Also would have been a much easier sell to WF recruits, too (sigh)...

They cannot retain Bradley, but don't see Grobe as a serious candidate.

I can't imagine, at his age and his morals, wanting to step into that job under these circumstances.

Back