• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke/Michigan State Thread

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
I'm enjoying listening to Bob Knight. He just told Bilas he wouldn't have let him shoot the ball if he had played for him... lol. Knight is a classic.

If Michigan State could covert any of these open layups/alley oops, they could have a much bigger lead. Sparty is just being sloppy.

After Duke's opener I thought they'd come out with some fire in the belly. But MSU is a gritty team even though they are young. Izzo has them prepared. It's going to be an interesting second half.

Knight is the best color man in the business. Hands down. He picks up on everything. Everything. And I say this because he is the polar opposite of Vitale.

Knight is the best color man in the business. Hands down. He picks up on everything. Everything. And I say this because he is the polar opposite of Vitale.

For basketball commentators (across all levels) it is

1. Knight
2. Bilas
3. Charles Barkley (the only reason I miss the NBA)

For as bad as Ryan Kelley sucked last year (except against WF of course) he looks pretty damn legit this season. Kid has really been in the gym and looks a lot more mature as a player and as a person. If Duke is clicking they will be as tough for everyone this season.

For as bad as Ryan Kelley sucked last year (except against WF of course) he looks pretty damn legit this season. Kid has really been in the gym and looks a lot more mature as a player and as a person. If Duke is clicking they will be as tough for everyone this season.

Agreed. I couldn't place him first time I saw him. Major changes all around.

IMO Duke still has some potential fatal flaws. They can shoot the three ball well, but they don't have very good pg play (even for their limited needs) and their perimeter defense isn't very good. They aren't playing a perimeter oriented team tonight though, and they will always be tough if they shoot well.

IMO Duke still has some potential fatal flaws. They can shoot the three ball well, but they don't have very good pg play (even for their limited needs) and their perimeter defense isn't very good. They aren't playing a perimeter oriented team tonight though, and they will always be tough if they shoot well.

What they will do to us will not be pretty!

It always disappoints me that kids like Quinn Cook, Alex Murphy and to a lesser extent Plumlee 3 go to Duke and sit there all year when they would start for a high number of schools.

And yes, Ryan Kelly looks poised to have a great year. Far better than Mason. He's really smart out there, can shoot and is getting strong enough to battle some in the paint when necessary.

+1 to all of this.

Knight is the guy I'd want to prepare a basketball team to win one game against equal talent, and he's the one guy I'd want to have a film session with to learn about the game.

I feel like I already know quite a bit, but he's probably forgotten more basketball than I know.

Back