• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'll Just Leave This Right Here....

drew

Reaction score
9pvx4x.png

Last edited:
I didn't get to see the game, but that photo doesn't look THAT convincing. Yes, I think it's out of bounds, but it's not as blatant as everyone was saying....

I didn't get to see the game, but that photo doesn't look THAT convincing. Yes, I think it's out of bounds, but it's not as blatant as everyone was saying....

There was another view that was shown that was down the sideline that was more clear.

Actually the first replay they showed was pretty damning, heels clearly over the line to start with. The followup replays they only showed the heels in the air as he catches the ball to demonstrate that he was in bounds.

One foot is clearly out of bounds. It appears the left foot is as well.

His foot is almost touching the orange outside of the OOB line.

Also, this would be more clear if you were the ref standing 10 feet away. Oh wait..........

Anybody know what the rule about re-establishing yourself inbounds is?

if the WR steps on the ob line is it:

a) the WR cannot be the first person to touch the ball,

b) the WR has to re-establish both feet in bounds before he can catch the ball, or

c) it is irrelevant; the WR can make the catch as long as he is not touching the ob line after he it touching/catching the ball?

I think the rule is different in HS, College and NFL, so just curious.

Shit happens. We had every opportunity to put the game away and didn't capitalize. Let's just beat Maryland.

nevermind. Form the other thread, seems like it is a). We got screwed.

Eligibility Lost by Going Out of Bounds
ARTICLE 4. No eligible offensive receiver who goes out of bounds during a
down shall touch a legal forward pass in the field of play or end zones or while
airborne until it has been touched by an opponent or official (A.R. 7-3-4-I-II).
[Exception: This does not apply to an eligible offensive player who attempts
to return inbounds immediately after going out of bounds due to contact by an
opponent (A.R. 7-3-4-III)].
PENALTY—Loss of down at the previous spot [S16 and S9].

Shit happens. We had every opportunity to put the game away and didn't capitalize. Let's just beat Maryland.

Agreed. That doesn't mean we can't discuss it though on a message board. Especially not when this is a pattern for the Deacs in Death Valley and our staff refuses to speak up about it.

The only thing that photo proves is that it was shitty defense in the secondary. How are you not draped all over that guy in the end zone with the game on the line?

Back