• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senior Fifth

yes and yes. The school is trying to limit the drinking of 5ths. They now do a tailgate for senior where they provide alcohol in moderation.

Vandy is the last home game. Another senior class mailing it in before the end of the year. So LOWF.

yes and yes. The school is trying to limit the drinking of 5ths. They now do a tailgate for senior where they provide alcohol in moderation.

This backfired so hard in 2010. Our group woke up around 4am, did our fifths, got to the senior "tailgate" around 11am, and proceeded to get more drinks. They had Aramark ladies working the "bar," and they seemingly couldn't tell how smashed ILDeac was. He rolled in and got some wine that they were giving out. The Aramark ladies didn't seem to understand moderation, either, because they were filling the plastic cups up almost full with the wine. Epic fail for them, epic success for ILDeac.

Could someone please post before and after pics?
before:

ra2tnb.jpg

after:

bishop.jpg

My class (2007) was the first that WF tried this with. It was in Bridger and actually pretty cool, we got to line the field when the players ran out (that didn't work out well). Then we had our own section in the front of the student section. A lot of people were willing to participate since it was the VT game and we were in the ACC Race.

"herd up the geeds" tag made my morning.

Why do we care what other people wear to games?

Vodka is the easy way out, man up and do a fifth of wild turkey.

I myself did a handle of Gin at beach weekend instead of senior fifth, lost that battle.

My class (2007) was the first that WF tried this with. It was in Bridger and actually pretty cool, we got to line the field when the players ran out (that didn't work out well). Then we had our own section in the front of the student section. A lot of people were willing to participate since it was the VT game and we were in the ACC Race.

That was a shit show on the field. I just remember Ann Coulter (Barbie?) having to be propped up.

This backfired so hard in 2010. Our group woke up around 4am, did our fifths, got to the senior "tailgate" around 11am, and proceeded to get more drinks. They had Aramark ladies working the "bar," and they seemingly couldn't tell how smashed ILDeac was. He rolled in and got some wine that they were giving out. The Aramark ladies didn't seem to understand moderation, either, because they were filling the plastic cups up almost full with the wine. Epic fail for them, epic success for ILDeac.

Yeah I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. It just gave people more alcohol to drink ON TOP of the 5th. I think I remember double fisting wine. I did somehow win a shirt signed by Grobe & a WF neon light in there. I think.

That was a shit show on the field. I just remember Ann Coulter (Barbie?) having to be propped up.

That was the worst. The student section was crowded as shit already because of the fake VT tickets and then they had that huge area reserved for the senior class who were making fools of themselves on the field.

Yeah, this is the same game that I did my senior fifth, as most of our friends at the time were seniors. Noon is just killer, as we woke up at 5am to start drinking. Finished mine but didn't quite make it to the game.

Finished fifth of jameson around 1, beer tent for a couple hours til kickoff. Fun game. Plus, they had free gatorade in the medical tent we kept stealing for mixers. Score!

We had a 3:30 pm kickoff in 03 so that worked out well. Got up at 8 am, met in the dorms and we all took at shot for breakfast *shudder* and then got out there by 9 and had six solid hours to finish. Took my last drink as we were walking in. Don't really remember the game as we all basically passed out in the stands....but then woke up and rallied for the night. It's a pretty stupid tradition looking back, but it was certainly fun at the time.

Wouldn't senior eight ball make senior fifth more posisble?

Back