• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino on ESPNU

thebishop

Reaction score
Great analysis of Butler. KILLED IT!

Norad to Revis analogy. Its OVAH! Butler wins.

Gotta love Dino's game breakdown.

These guys are ridiculously in love with Gregory. At least Dino hinted that there's a chance that it might not work out.

While many Dayton fans celebrate the fact that he's gone.

"I'm still scratching my head how Dino Gaudio beat Texas like a drum last year in the first round and got beat by Kentucky & he is sitting here with us right now. I don't understand that." Jimmy Dykes

"I'm still scratching my head how Dino Gaudio beat Texas like a drum last year in the first round and got beat by Kentucky & he is sitting here with us right now. I don't understand that." Jimmy Dykes

What game was he watching? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of that game, but it was a clusterfuck from both sides.

Beat Texas like a drum? Que?

Man, the media really hates Ron Wellman, eh?

daaberry said:

Obviously, didn't beat Texas like a drum, but Dino >>> [Redacted].

He's definately giving Dino his props. It does make you wonder how the coaching world really feels about the way Dino was "handled" by our AD.

Regardless of how you feel about the actual decision, it's hard to argue that the implementation of it was very good.

Yeah, that's just not true.

Even with this season, [Redacted]'s career winning percentage is still higher than Dino's.

I'm looking at they've done at Wake, and am not really talking about records, Dino at least got his guys to play defense. [Redacted] has no offensive game plan and no defensive game plan (at least not one the players are willing to execute).

I'm looking at they've done at Wake, and am not really talking about records, Dino at least got his guys to play defense. [Redacted] has no offensive game plan and no defensive game plan (at least not one the players are willing to execute).

Aminu and James Johnson made Dino's defensive coaching look a lot better than it really was.

As we saw with Skip (strong defensive teams with Darius and J-Ho, weak with J-Gray and Trent), talented defensive players make a coach look like a good defensive coach.

He's definately giving Dino his props. It does make you wonder how the coaching world really feels about the way Dino was "handled" by our AD.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I have had two coaches, one head coach in the A-10 and one assistant in the BE mention to me that they think Dino was given a raw deal. In fact, they have mentioned on multiple occasions that what happened is a travesty and that they think our AD is horrible for what he did to him. Dino, like Skip, is very well liked in coaching circles.

Dino also made a comment last night that seemed to be bitter towards Wake. He said something along the lines that Skip may have known Xavier was a better program than Wake when coming to Wake, but that the challenge of coaching against greats like K was too much to pass up.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I have had two coaches, one head coach in the A-10 and one assistant in the BE mention to me that they think Dino was given a raw deal. In fact, they have mentioned on multiple occasions that what happened is a travesty and that they think our AD is horrible for what he did to him. Dino, like Skip, is very well liked in coaching circles.

Coaches don't want to be judged by how they do during the last two weeks of the year. They'd rather be judged by the complete body of work. And yes, Dino is well liked, but you could look at that any number of ways.

We liked Sidney Lowe and Paul Hewitt a lot. A LOT.

Back