• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Davie to New Mexico

Does he even remember how to coach. . .?

The really botched it by not hiring Lobo to coach the Lobos.

On a related note, sounds like Malzahn is the leading candidate for UNC....not sure I want him there. Maybe NCAA penalties keep him away.

They should rename UNM Amtrak University. . .

New Mexico has a terrible program. Davie may have been the best they could get. They would have been better off trying to find a coach similar to Grobe when he came to Wake, but they have been bad for years. Nice play to live and work, but it will always be a basketball school

New Mexico has a terrible program. Davie may have been the best they could get. They would have been better off trying to find a coach similar to Grobe when he came to Wake, but they have been bad for years. Nice play to live and work, but it will always be a basketball school

It wasn't too long ago they were getting to bowl on a consistent basis, they went to bowl in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007, so I guess there must be some potential there, but I just don't think Bob Davie can coach his way out of a paper bag. I hope he's successful, seems like a nice guy, but I'm glad he won't be analysing games for ESPN anymore.

Back