• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drew II Enrolls @ UCLA

CHillDeac

Reaction score
Joins the Wear Twins as a Bruin.

Drew began taking classes at UCLA on Monday and has to pay his own tuition this quarter because UCLA does not have any open scholarships, but he is expected to participate in all off-season workouts and join the Bruins as a scholarship player next season.

"It feels great to be back home," Drew said in a statement released by the school. "I had a great learning experience at North Carolina and they taught me a lot. I'm looking forward to getting a fresh start at UCLA and I'm happy to be a Bruin. Next year will give me time to focus on my academics and of course, train with the team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncb/news/story?id=6268079

Didn't the Wear twins go to UCLA as well?

Ben Howland needs to get things turned around soon, or his days at UCLA could be numbered. They haven't been relevant in a few years, and that is not acceptable at UCLA.

UCLA was respectable this season and UCLA is only three years removed from three consecutive trips to the Final Four. With the exception of Lee who is a JR, the rest of their key players are fr and soph. Howland is beyond safe.

Just read Honeycutt is going pro. He got terrible advice. Ford had him late first to early second, but of course his high school coach told him he should be top ten. I don't think anyone had him top ten.

Howland also told all his players not to go pro and guaranteed a work stoppage until at least January.

also interesting that former unc center Alex Stepheson transferred to USC (though I think he claimed it had something at least tangentially related to a family illness)

In a potentially related development, Malcolm Lee is testing the waters.

also interesting that former unc center Alex Stepheson transferred to USC (though I think he claimed it had something at least tangentially related to a family illness)

Also from LA and played high school ball in Hollywood.

Back