• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A lot to play for Saturday vs. Terps

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
It's kind of a downer knowing how close we were to beating Clemson and that would've meant we'd be playing for the the Atlantic Division and a trip to the ACC title game this Saturday, but there is still a lot on the line. First, we've still got to get another win to get bowl eligible, Second a win gives us a winning 5-3 ACC record this season, Lastly a win gives us the opportunity with a win against Vandy to assure ourselves of a winning season regardless of what happens in the bowl. Of course win the next 2 and win the bowl game and we'd have an 8 win season which would be in the top 3 for us all-time tied with 1979, 1992, and 2008. So, I hope we still have a very good atmosphere for the game Saturday as there is still a great opportunity for this team to have a great season, especially when consider what happened last year.

As a side note on Vandy, they said on the radio this morning they are favored at Tennessee this weekend for the 1st time and it's the first time since 1981 or something they haven't been a double-digit underdog. Just thought that was interesting.

It's kind of a downer knowing how close we were to beating Clemson and that would've meant we'd be playing for the the Atlantic Division and a trip to the ACC title game this Saturday, but there is still a lot on the line. First, we've still got to get another win to get bowl eligible, Second a win gives us a winning 5-3 ACC record this season, Lastly a win gives us the opportunity with a win against Vandy to assure ourselves of a winning season regardless of what happens in the bowl. Of course win the next 2 and win the bowl game and we'd have an 8 win season which would be in the top 3 for us all-time tied with 1979, 1992, and 2008. So, I hope we still have a very good atmosphere for the game Saturday as there is still a great opportunity for this team to have a great season, especially when consider what happened last year.

As a side note on Vandy, they said on the radio this morning they are favored at Tennessee this weekend for the 1st time and it's the first time since 1981 or something they haven't been a double-digit underdog. Just thought that was interesting.

+1

it would also be good to note that Vandy has not won a game away from home this year and have been outscored something like 93-24 on the road with 21 coming in the 26-21 loss at Florida.

If anyone watched them play Arkansas, they will be aware that Vandy is dangerous. We need to take care of business this weekend and not put ourselves in the position of having to win that game to get bowl eligible.

it would also be good to note that Vandy has not won a game away from home this year and have been outscored something like 93-24 on the road with 21 coming in the 26-21 loss at Florida.

As much as we love to bitch and moan about us not getting any respect from anybody, it amuses me how quickly everytime somebody posts something that be construed as respectiful of Vandy, there is a post right behind it trying to put them down. :D

We are 10.5 point favorites...believe we will win but surprised to see line this high

Time for the team and coaching staff to step it up. Come out strong, get a lead and then stomp the crap out of the turtles. Don't get overconfident or relax. Put the peddle to the metal for 4 quarters and win BIG. No more Mr Nice Guy Coach. There is a lot to play for and this team needs to man up and prepare a big bowl of turtle soup. Md has been playing better in the 2nd half and we can not have a big enough lead.

Time for the team and coaching staff to step it up. Come out strong, get a lead and then stomp the crap out of the turtles. Don't get overconfident or relax. Put the peddle to the metal for 4 quarters and win BIG. No more Mr Nice Guy Coach. There is a lot to play for and this team needs to man up and prepare a big bowl of turtle soup. Md has been playing better in the 2nd half and we can not have a big enough lead.

I think that's important we get on them early and stay on them. Maryland has had a very demoralizing year and getting them down early may take some fight out of them. Of course, we've got to keep from the almost certain "let-up" we always seem to have also. One thing we've done very well this season is getting off to good starts.

As much as we love to bitch and moan about us not getting any respect from anybody, it amuses me how quickly everytime somebody posts something that be construed as respectiful of Vandy, there is a post right behind it trying to put them down. :D

If you had paid attention to any of my post the last few weeks you would see that I have given Vandy a lot of respect and said they are much tougher than they usually are. That being said it is a sign of a young team we you cannot score and win on the road and that happens to be the case with Vandy. I think they will be that much more dangerous next year and they are starting to pull in Top 25 classes and 4* players.

If you had paid attention to any of my post the last few weeks you would see that I have given Vandy a lot of respect and said they are much tougher than they usually are. That being said it is a sign of a young team we you cannot score and win on the road and that happens to be the case with Vandy. I think they will be that much more dangerous next year and they are starting to pull in Top 25 classes and 4* players.

Well to be fair, I wasn't really singling you out, just in general. Sorry if it seemed I was picking on you and you certainly make valid points.

I might not turn this game on until midway through the fourth quarter. Might be less frustrating to see us down by 3 if I haven't watched us blow another double digit lead.

Back