• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't sit in the upper deck!

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
After the first three basketball games, I have some advice for the few thousand people still attending our games: Find a seat in the lower bowl! Our attendance is terrible, but the game atmosphere will be a lot better if we're all together, and closer to the court. With entire rows available down low, there is no reason to stay in the nose-bleeds. If you've got upper tickets, just wait 5 minutes after the tip and move down.

Why wait 5 minutes?

Just go find your choice center court seats that nobody is sitting in and park.

We usually move at the first official timeout, though last night we stayed up top in case our kid started screaming.

I hope the ushers aren't preventing people from moving downstairs.

Nope, no one has even looked at my tickets all year. Ushers probably won't start checking until we get to ACC play, if that.

easier to drink booze while isolated in an upper section. or so i've heard.....

There was actually an usher that went through 209-211 telling people to move down if they want. It was surprising how many people needed that authoritative approval.

I hope the ushers aren't preventing people from moving downstairs.

Where are they passing out student wristbands for bball games nowadays? I went to the Loyola through the old SD door, but apparently that wasn't the student entrance anymore b/c there was nobody giving out wristbands. I used a regular student ticket to get in, but since I didn't have a wristband the usher gave me a hard time about getting in to the student section. I wanted to be like...REALLY? Look at how many students you have down there!

Just go sit on the floor seats. They're not full either.

I get so uneasy if I sit in seats that aren't mine early in a game.

I fully realize that this isn't a new idea, I'm just trying to encourage people (like Hogie) to move down.

Isn't there some company that has an app for this? Like on your phone you after the games starts you can check and see what tickets were never sold and just switch to them? Then it marks your seats as free for resale...

With a struggling team it's so much easier to get fans out if they can take advantage of unsold good seats. Pretty much any college or pro basketball game is fun to watch if you're close enough to the floor.

Also, didn't Texas basketball implement a system a couple years back where they would actively place fans in the lower level where there were unused seats?

I get so uneasy if I sit in seats that aren't mine early in a game.

Yeah I never like the feeling I get either. But you are supporting the team, hopefully any other Deacon fans who arrived late would understand.

Isn't there some company that has an app for this? Like on your phone you after the games starts you can check and see what tickets were never sold and just switch to them? Then it marks your seats as free for resale...

With a struggling team it's so much easier to get fans out if they can take advantage of unsold good seats. Pretty much any college or pro basketball game is fun to watch if you're close enough to the floor.

When I first moved the Boston the Red Sox (before the MLB sold out to StubHub) used to have their own ticket exchange. I'd copy / paste the list of seats that were unsold right before gametime. Sales ended 1 hour prior to the game so we'd just buy standing room seats and check out a few of the best available locations per when sales on the ticket exchange ended. It was ingenious, we were getting $150-250 seats for like $20-30. This was pre-championships though.

Honest question:

If you were a Deacon Club donor contributing $5,000 annually (or whatever the appropriate support level) for the benefit of purchasing seats in the lower level, would you feel cheated if WF allowed non-donors to sit in the unused seats next to you?

Thanks Ron Welllman

Glad for the win last night but watching on TV last night, I just wanted to ask Ron Wellman how Buzzzz has created enthusiasm for Wake Basketball? The Deacs had much better crowds for Bob Stack.

I was very sad watching the game. Wow the Deacs have fallen, I really feel bad for BC who is picked worst than Wake. How bad are they?

All of the lower level seats are sold, whether someone is sitting in them or not.

Back